Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want one!

Comment

I'll order some more parts - I've been sold out for a while.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Yeah I'd be up for one too... assuming you could ship one down under? Looks like a nice little addition, cheers to accident for reviving the thread, hadn't seen it before
        "with a six pack of pale, listen to the hoods and watch the double blues boys prevail"
        (OO=[][]=OO) - www.eurocca.net

Comment

Hey George,

I am installing your light dimmer into a 90 318i that is NOT equipped with the relay. In your included instructions you say to simply find the wire to the door switch and splice in the green and yellow wires.

Sounds very simple, but you are missing the fact that their are 2 wires going to the drivers side door switch. Green and Purple and Brown and Purple, so which is it?

Will either one work or do I have a 50/50 chance it will work?

Now I am a smart cookie and can figure it out, but it does add some confusion and you may want to make a note of updating your instructions to include which of the 2 wires to cut and splice.

Your current instructions simply say;
          Next find the factory wire that connect to your door pin switch.
          So much for plug and play.

Comment

Originally posted by peerless View Post
            Hey George,

I am installing your light dimmer into a 90 318i that is NOT equipped with the relay. In your included instructions you say to simply find the wire to the door switch and splice in the green and yellow wires.

Sounds very simple, but you are missing the fact that their are 2 wires going to the drivers side door switch. Green and Purple and Brown and Purple, so which is it?

Will either one work or do I have a 50/50 chance it will work?
            With the door open and the light on, unplug one of the two wires, one at a time, untill you find the one that causes the light to go out. Easy hun?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
              With the door open and the light on, unplug one of the two wires, one at a time, untill you find the one that causes the light to go out. Easy hun?
              Yes I got it, but for future reference its the brown and purple wire you want. Being the ground side of course.

Installed and works perfectly as advertised, my customer will be happy with the mod.

Thank You George ;)
              Last edited by peerless; 11-18-2008, 04:32 PM.

Comment

So this only works on the drivers door. can you add one to each front door so it works on both doors??
                Originally posted by Nicademus
                My car beats off to that car. :bow:

Comment

It works for both doors - the light comes on. The delay is only triggered by the drivers door. That how BMW wired the car - nothing to do with my unit.

You can run a wire from one door to the other to have the delay triggered by both doors. But because a car rarely goes anywhere with out a driver, it's kinda a moot point.

Comment

Thanx and I will still take one and not run the extra wire.

Comment

Ok so I am ready to take one. PM me with paypal. Also Do you or has anyone made a contraption that will roll the windows up or down with one push instead of holding it. Pelican sells them. If you can solder this up you can make one of these. PLS http://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/cata...MISCLL_pg2.htm
                      All the way at the bottom

Comment

This is an old thread. Here is the most recent.

As as for one touch windows - you can keep track of my projects here:

Oh, and PM sent.

Comment

Couple questions:

1. Do LED some lights work with this?

2. Which wire is the "12v out"? I'm considering adding some footwell lights. I'm assuming that there is a single 12v out line that I can tap for this.
                          1987 325e Commuter Project Blog

1967 1600 Project Blog: www.TX02.blogspot.com

Comment

Yes.

2. Which wire is the "12v out"? I'm considering adding some footwell lights. I'm assuming that there is a single 12v out line that I can tap for this.

If you wanted to add footwell lighting, you would simply wire the additional lights to (fused) constant power, and then my unit will supply the ground connection.

Comment

Yes.
                              Cool. Any guidance on specs for LEDs that might work with it?

If you wanted to add footwell lighting, you would simply wire the additional lights to (fused) constant power, and then my unit will supply the ground connection.
                              Ah....I see. The relay/your box works on a "ground switch" configuration. Which wire would I tap into for that ground?

EDIT: Looks like the yellow wire is the ground to tie into.
                              Last edited by ClayW; 01-07-2016, 11:04 AM.
                              1987 325e Commuter Project Blog

1967 1600 Project Blog: www.TX02.blogspot.com

Comment

I need one of these!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                                @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
                                X