Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fiftytakedowns View Post
    Mine has no AC/No sunroof.

When I swap in the M50, Ill trash all the extra AC stuff, not just the compressor, add a carbon fiber hood, and I think the weight difference should be really negligable. so I could rep the m50 318 wihtout the weight gain.

/hijack

How rare are the sunroof delete cars?

This place is like catholic school, 2/3 of the students smoke weed on a daily basis, but the faculty seems to convince the outside world that drugs are just in the other schools, the resident pot dealer thinks he's cool because he has the originality to call anyone he doesn't like a homosexual, and most of the little children follow him like sheep, then there's the few with brains, you hardly ever hear from them, perhaps don't even know they exist, but they get all the sh!t done.

Comment

Originally posted by fiftytakedowns View Post
      Mine has no AC/No sunroof.

When I swap in the M50, Ill trash all the extra AC stuff, not just the compressor, add a carbon fiber hood, and I think the weight difference should be really negligable. so I could rep the m50 318 wihtout the weight gain.

/hijack
      you'll need to trash all the extra tar as well. drop the s50 in or at least m52 ;)
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I have a nvm50 in my 318is, it is pretty quick, will smoke alot of stock cars because it weighs nothing. If you drive fast all the time, it gets old and feels slow quickly. If you drive for fuel efficiency and like a normal person, it then feels fast when you rip on it once in a while. Know what I'm saying?
        Transaction Feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by richardb View Post
          I have a nvm50 in my 318is, it is pretty quick, will smoke alot of stock cars because it weighs nothing. If you drive fast all the time, it gets old and feels slow quickly. If you drive for fuel efficiency and like a normal person, it then feels fast when you rip on it once in a while. Know what I'm saying?
          That's pretty much exactly what I thought. I've got the same motor in an 87 325i. It's fun rowing through a few gears when you've given yourself enough time to forget how quick it is.

Comment

i would like to say that as well but those damn 4:10's make it impossible to drive "normal" stop light to stop light but freeway i can cruise nicely all day
            "God created turbo lag to give V8's a chance" Taylor D.

Comment

I don't think s5x are worth the money if your willing to play with boost. after doing about every swap out there I just want a NV m50 for 200-300 then rebuild it and a snail to sit next to the valve cover with my A/C still working.

Comment

Originally posted by Devin1205 View Post
                I don't think s5x are worth the money if your willing to play with boost. after doing about every swap out there I just want a NV m50 for 200-300 then rebuild it and a snail to sit next to the valve cover with my A/C still working.

poor mislead child
                "God created turbo lag to give V8's a chance" Taylor D.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                  you'll need to trash all the extra tar as well. drop the s50 in or at least m52 ;)
                  I already have no tar in the trunk.
                  The previous owner new I was niave when buying the car, so he was like AC is gone, blower motor is gone, this that and the other is gone for weight reduction. ultimate Awesome ness. Me, not knowing shit about e30's but alot about 2002's was like Oh really?!?!? Ohh yeahh!!!! ill take it! now I wish I had the blower motor at least. However, the car does feel REALLY light.

PS I got racing battery weighing in at a whopping 10 lbs

190HP+ / 24XX lbs = :D

swapping in the m50 just seems so straight forward for a late model 318 that it is worth it to just go as is with the plugnplay harnesses and the boosters / 325 driveshaft
                  [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
                  Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

Originally posted by 5KWattson View Post
                    poor mislead child
                    what makes me mislead? the a/c or the motor choice?

Comment

Originally posted by Devin1205 View Post
                      what makes me mislead? the a/c or the motor choice?
                      All of the above. To rebuild an M/S5X motor the RIGHT WAY will probably cost you around $5k. Then there's the cost of everything needed to get said motor into the car and then you're going to add boost and engine management. You'll have a $10k motor before you know it and I'm sure you could have had just as much fun with a $3k S50 swap...
                      '89 325is S50 Track Montser
                      '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

I love my S52 swap. I am running a supercharger and have no problems running all over E46 m3's.

Comment

Im hoping to be able to make close to S52 power with my combo of M50 block, M54 rods/pistons, S52 crank, S52 head and cams. I have a feeling I may fall slightly short of S52 power levels :(.

I'm sure a supercharger kit could help make up the difference. It should also keep me satisfied for a while before I have to build up a turbo system.

Comment

Originally posted by napabavarian View Post
                            How rare are the sunroof delete cars?
                            Not really rare at all just not commonly found in the US. BMW upped the content in cars to sell them at the prices they were sold at. Much like the 318i and iS were de-contented so they would have a cheaper entry level price.
                            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by slow e30 View Post
                              you only gain 1 second for every ten pounds removed... right?
                              1 sec per 100 lbs removed in a qaurter mile . not really worth taking all the nice luxuries out if you ask me , my m20 t walks s52' s with everything in it , even the trunk tar
                              :D
                              sigpic
                              mods: just meat and potatoes under the hood and wheaties on fire out back ;)

Comment

Originally posted by TS87325IS View Post
                                1 sec per 100 lbs removed in a qaurter mile . not really worth taking all the nice luxuries out if you ask me , my m20 t walks s52' s with everything in it , even the trunk tar
                                :D
                                Dude it's a tenth a second for every 100lbs. What happens when you take 500lbs out of your E30, now you're a ten second car?

Comment

Working...
                                X