Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you interested in doing a 24v swap? Read this!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must be missing something when searching the wedophones for the c101 connectors, the c101 in my 1991 318i has 16 wires going to a 20 pin connector so I figure I should find all 16 c101s, but I am only finding 7.. any suggestions? I have read through all 49 pages of the wedophones multiple times.
    View my build thread. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=287724

Comment

Something that may be worth noting if it hasn't already been is it looks like some S52B32's (and I can assume M52's) have all three holes drilled for coolant ports in the head. One of them is blocked off with a plug and the other two hold the OBD2 temp sensor and TB coolant port. The third hole has a larger thread diameter that I am hoping will be a match to the e30 sender, the other two appear to be m12's. Engine and car are both 09/96 according to casting stamps on head and the VIN tag

1990 332i, 4 door
      2008 KTM 990 Superduke
      2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
      2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
      2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

On Alloy block (Euro/ Australian M52s), that middle blocked off port is what we use for our e30 brown temp sender. Fits right in without any modification.

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Doc View Post
          On Alloy block (Euro/ Australian M52s), that middle blocked off port is what we use for our e30 brown temp sender. Fits right in without any modification.
          So alloy blocks, and I'm guessing on N/A cars there are a few months after the switch from M/S50's to M/S52 where they still drilled all three holes. I was preparing myself to drill/tap, delete TB heating etc and this saves me from any hack work
          Last edited by Varinn; 05-20-2013, 10:43 PM.
          1990 332i, 4 door
          2008 KTM 990 Superduke
          2017 Mazda CX-5 GT

Comment

I have a weird question. I have an 84 325e. And I just bought a complete M50 swap that was originally in a 95 525i. But in 1997 the M50 was swapped into an 87 325. And that's how I bought it. So, after reading a lil bit, The body connecter is different, (round vs square pin), than the 84. So how do I go about swapping it into my 84? I'm having a shop do this, so I'd like to make this as straight forward for him as possible. I thought I read there's pre made adapters from someone on here?
            84 325e Burgundrot S52 M Tech 1.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250109

Comment

Get in touch with 328i junkie on the board or go to his website at Markert Motorworks and have Dave build you a harness. It will cost a few bucks but I keep hearing about all the positives of going this route and wish I would have done the same.
              1990 332i, 4 door
              2008 KTM 990 Superduke
              2017 Mazda CX-5 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Aviator View Post
                I have a weird question. I have an 84 325e. And I just bought a complete M50 swap that was originally in a 95 525i. But in 1997 the M50 was swapped into an 87 325. And that's how I bought it. So, after reading a lil bit, The body connecter is different, (round vs square pin), than the 84. So how do I go about swapping it into my 84? I'm having a shop do this, so I'd like to make this as straight forward for him as possible. I thought I read there's pre made adapters from someone on here?
                There's a few of us who make harnesses/adapters, but if you are having a reputable shop do the work, they should not have an issue with the connector.
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:
                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

EDIT: Nevermind. Figured it out.
                  Last edited by damir; 11-04-2013, 12:03 AM.

Comment

In the process of buying an M50B25 from someone that does swaps in the UK, so I have to ask a lot since I'd have to sort out freight and what not. So I decided to ask the guy about the additional parts required, and listed the parts on the main post of this thread and he came bake with the following differences:

E28 motor mounts - E24 USA Mounts
                    E21 brake booster - He says he uses another but didn't specify

The engine is being supplied with the standard 5-speed manual trans, he says E30 M20 mounts should work for that.

Has anyone had experience with any of these with their swap? Or can shed some light? I won't doubt the guy, I'm sure he knows what he's doing but I just want to see what you guys think.

EDIT: Now I'm seeing most of the differences are also interchangeable...

Comment

Thanks for the help!

Comment

So I'm really considering an s59 swap! Its a greater improvement from my m10 and is cheaper than turboing an m20. So, i found this on my local Craig's.. Is it an s50 to begin with, and is it worth it?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If it's from a 92 325 it's a Non VANOS m50. S50 was only in 95 M3 in the US. I wouldn't expend the time, money and energy needed for an M50 Non vanos swap personally.
                          For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                          Originally posted by mbonanni
                          I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
                            If it's from a 92 325 it's a Non VANOS m50. S50 was only in 95 M3 in the US. I wouldn't expend the time, money and energy needed for an M50 Non vanos swap personally.

Yeah okay thanks for the heads up! I definitely want an s50. How hard is it to source one? And how much do they usually go for?

Comment

Originally posted by Graebmw95 View Post
                              Yeah okay thanks for the heads up! I definitely want an s50. How hard is it to source one? And how much do they usually go for?

Being offered for such a short time the s50's are harder to come by, you might consider an s52, they are more common and you get a little extra displacement to boot.
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:
                              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                                Being offered for such a short time the s50's are harder to come by, you might consider an s52, they are more common and you get a little extra displacement to boot.

Got dayum. I'm tired of my m10 lol. Is there any difference in the s50 from the s52

Comment

Working...
                                X