You can get them at 300mm.de
They also have gear box mounts for the six speed.
Interest in s54/s62/etc. plug-n-play?
Collapse
X
-
Warning lights yes, not sure about the other signals.
Well, I should say that other signals are encoded in the CAN signal, but the cluster may have other ways of picking them up also that an e30 cluster may be able to work with.Leave a comment:
-
That's an interesting read, almost makes the S62 sound easy.Just want to let you all know, e30.de offers OEM S62 ECU flashing to make it work drop-in in our e30s.
http://wp1016621.wp027.webpack.hoste...810/f01810.htm.
I wonder what the impact of CAN on the cluster would be. Would rpm and all the warning lights be encoded in the CAN signal?
Now someone get to work on engine mounts...Leave a comment:
-
I agree, I've never really heard an E46 M3 that sounded good. But then, I've never heard any M/S50/52's that sounded all that great, either. Something about them just sounds too ricey.
But then, that white S62 E30 sounded meh, too. Not loud enough and/or not "angry" enough, lol.
Maybe I'm just a fan of pushrod v8's, lol. ;)
It would be sweet, though, if the OP was still going to reprogram the ECU's.
MattLeave a comment:
-
Leave a comment:
-
No it's not.
The s62 isn't really all that much heavier. However, if you get Euro headers and a Carbon Fiber intake plenum for the s54 you save even more weight.
S54
Straight 6 DOHC 24V Solid Lifter Valvetrain with Dual VANOS and Individual Throttle Bodies. 2001-present. 148kg 326lbs
Used in the E46 M3 and the last of the Z3 M-Coupe and M-Roadster.
3.2 (321-343bhp)
S62
V8 DOHC 32V Solid Lifter Valvetrain with Dual VANOS and Individual Throttle Bodies. 1999-present. 158kg 348lbs
Used in E39 M5 and Z8
4.9L (400bhp)Leave a comment:
-
I know a guy local to me that also deals with S54s and S62s. Mostly S62s, though.Leave a comment:
-
rThor432: please check your PM.Leave a comment:
-
Now to start saving!Leave a comment:
-
I've got a source for S54's and S62's in CA. The guy I bought my S54 from has a parts yard that deals strictly with E46 M3's and E39 M5's, nothing else. An S62 and 6-speed with between 40k and 80k will cost roughly $6,800 with shipping factored in, iirc.Leave a comment:
-
I'd love an S62 in my E30. I'd absolutely love it. Does anyone have a source for good S62s or a cost effective way to get rid of the carbon buildup?
Just want to let you all know, e30.de offers OEM S62 ECU flashing to make it work drop-in in our e30s.
http://wp1016621.wp027.webpack.hoste...810/f01810.htm
Translation (via google): http://translate.google.com/translat...tm&sl=de&tl=en
^ basically, in case the translator doesn't work, the cost is 849 euro (~$1400) to make the S62 drop in with the OEM ECUs and have VANOS work in the E30, E31, etc. They also offer the a/n and MAF delete for an additional 400 euro ($600) which bumps the car up to 440hp or so. For those of us at altitude, the german a/n tuning isn't the best idea, but otherwise it's a great cost effective setup.
Now, where to find said S62......Leave a comment:
-
-
If you look at the OP's sig you could gather that he is the proud owner of both swaps. Send him a pm and you could get the best feedback that is out there.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: