Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My m50 swap

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    dude i fucking know!!^^

    my parents are like " why do you want to replace junk, with MORE JUNK!?!?! You're wasting your money!"

    hear it everyday, and thanks for the new sig. lol
    sigpic

    Comment


      #62
      It's such mixed emotions!! Friday I was running around dancing like Rocky shadow punching the sky, so excited about this coming engine swap! but then I talk to family members about the car and they're like "thats' the dumbest idea I've ever heard!" Pffft! Must be what its like having that fat ugly Pauly guy tell ya that Apollo Creed's prob gonna kick your ass....:(


      Originally Posted by Blunt
      I've done this so much I have a toenail on my dick.

      Comment


        #63
        I'm using a 325i manual driveshaft with the e30 csb. My parents are all good with me doing the swap. Not that it really matters if they are, but I'm using their garage. haha. And my dad just wants his "damn garage back." I always seem to fill it with something. haha. They'll understand that it's not junk when they see the joy on your face when you fire it up!! :D I haven't fired it yet, but soon. haha


        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=162444

        Comment


          #64
          k thanks, some people were telling my auto e36 driveshaft lol.
          sigpic

          Comment


            #65
            Nope. That is too short. e36 manual driveshaft. haha. Forgot to add that.


            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=162444

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by rosphill View Post
              I told them an E30 m50 swap is not something you do because it makes sense or saves you money...its something you feel in your balls and you just have to do it! :D
              Funny. I had mixed feelings when I started my swap. The afternoon I drove the M20 home for the last time was glorious and the motor was running great, always had. I was trying to remember why, exactly, I was about to go through the swap ass-pain for an extra few hp.

              Well, by Monday I was running the M50 and I thought it was the motor the e30 should have had all along. It just changes the car beyond the extra few hp.

              I don't recall having the feeling in my nutsack, though.

              Comment


                #67
                Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post
                Funny. I had mixed feelings when I started my swap. The afternoon I drove the M20 home for the last time was glorious and the motor was running great, always had. I was trying to remember why, exactly, I was about to go through the swap ass-pain for an extra few hp.

                Well, by Monday I was running the M50 and I thought it was the motor the e30 should have had all along. It just changes the car beyond the extra few hp.

                I don't recall having the feeling in my nutsack, though.
                That is the one thing I hear the most, that the M5x/S is the motor that the e30 was meant for.

                I too am in the process of collecting parts for a M52 swap. So if anyone knows where I can find an E34 oil pan. ;)

                Also good work OP, all of these write ups can only help those doing this or thinking of doing this. If ever a question asked, the answer is bound to be in one of these write ups.

                Comment


                  #68
                  Thanks 748Snowman. It's always nice to hear when someone appreciates your work. I have to agree with it being the motor the e30 should have come with. I got to drive an m50 swap for the first e30 I drove and after that I had to get one. haha.


                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=162444

                  Comment


                    #69
                    I'm installing a 189HP Vanos M50 into a 325eta that had 121HP, and with 250K miles its getting really poochy, so I expect there to be a good jump in performance from what I'm used to..like you guys said it will probably feel like the engine that should have been there all along in the E30.
                    BUT If I ever get bored with it I can always do some performance mods or turbocharge it.

                    I'm putting an E36 tranny in and Im still foggy on the driveshaft stuff and what transmission mounts will work with it? Hoping like hell I don't have to have the driveshaft modified or balanced...I'm sure there will be roadblocks pop up that I could not foresee.


                    Originally Posted by Blunt
                    I've done this so much I have a toenail on my dick.

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by rosphill View Post

                      I'm putting an E36 tranny in and Im still foggy on the driveshaft stuff and what transmission mounts will work with it? Hoping like hell I don't have to have the driveshaft modified or balanced...I'm sure there will be roadblocks pop up that I could not foresee.
                      your driveshaft will work, use e21 tanny mounts, and a custom cross brace for your tranny aswell.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        #71
                        I was under the impression that I could use the stock E30 transmission cross brace with the E21 tranny mounts to install an E36 tranny in an E30?

                        Also,
                        Would these be a nice upgrade over the stock E21 tranny mounts?

                        ---> http://aakmotorsports.com/transmissi...ngs-red-1.aspx

                        http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/html_pr...escription.htm


                        Thats what they claim to be anyway.
                        Thx.


                        Originally Posted by Blunt
                        I've done this so much I have a toenail on my dick.

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Very Cool dude!

                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Originally posted by rosphill View Post
                            I was under the impression that I could use the stock E30 transmission cross brace with the E21 tranny mounts to install an E36 tranny in an E30?

                            Also,
                            Would these be a nice upgrade over the stock E21 tranny mounts?

                            ---> http://aakmotorsports.com/transmissi...ngs-red-1.aspx

                            http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/html_pr...escription.htm


                            Thats what they claim to be anyway.
                            Thx.
                            sorry about that i mis read. yea stock e21 mounts, and stock cross brace. i thought it said getrag260...
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Originally posted by sector6 View Post
                              Very Cool dude!

                              hmmm...I don't know if you're makin fun, or what, but it's still pretty funny. haha


                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=162444

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Originally posted by ahriley91 View Post
                                hmmm...I don't know if you're makin fun, or what, but it's still pretty funny. haha
                                ...nah, not making fun of you, just having some fun. :)
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X