No announcement yet.

My m50 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody? I will search some more but if anybody could tell me, that'd be great.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=162444

Comment

Originally posted by ahriley91 View Post
      I will post it. I just stumbled across it and freaked out because it was the perfect one for me. Here it is.

[ATTACH]26995[/ATTACH]

does anyone have something like this for a 91 318i and a 92 e34 nvm50?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ahriley91 View Post
        I feel super dumb right now. So now that I have the new wiring harness, how do I keep the battery in the trunk? Is there some more wiring that I need to do to do this? Any help is greatly appreciated.
        Huh? The harness should accommodate the trunk battery fine. Your car has the battery in the trunk, does it not? You're good to go. The big starter wire goes to the big positive terminal, then bolt stuff up normally. There's probably a good size ground wire or two that goes to the ground post on the strut tower. I had an E34 harness so I only had one ground wire, if you've got an E36 harness I'm not sure if you've got one or two.

Comment

I've got an e34 wiring harness. And my battery is in the trunk. Thanks a lot. I was pretty sure that I had everything that I needed. Dumb moment for me. haha

Comment

No worries. Git 'er dun.

Comment

It is gettin done. I'm droppin the engine in this weekend so the next major update should be a little more exciting then me asking questions. haha

Comment

Update!!

So today my buddy Stevo and I got an early start to the day. We went to the junk yard and that was completely unsuccessful in finding the brake booster and master cylinder. I had a booster, it was just the wrong one. Awesome for me. We then went and got my intake manifold. Then we went to pep boys or something and got all of my fluids and got some taco's and the taco bus. Best place ever. By far one of the most authentic Mexican food...in Washington. I'm sure there are more authentic places somewhere south? Anyway...We got back to my house and went straight to work on getting the tranny onto the engine. We then spent the next 2 ish or more hours figuring out how to put the engine and tranny into the car. And then...success!!!! I now have a m50 in my e30. I am more then stoked. But...and there is always a but...I hate the mess underneath the intake manifold. I am thoroughly confused on how it all goes back together because I didn't take it apart. If I take it apart, I can put it back together. So I will post more pictures of the mess and all the help from you guys would be GREATLY appreciated. So...on to the pics of the day. Funny pic of me drinkin sunny d. Love that stuff.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0579.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	7119498

Name:	DSC_0582.jpg
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	7119499

Name:	DSC_0586.jpg
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	7119500

Name:	DSC_0589.jpg
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	7119501

Name:	DSC_0591.jpg
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	7119502

Comment

Nice swap. Planning on doing the same to my 90 325i
                  Originally posted by audiquattrot
                  bimmers b4 b*tches....remember that.
                  1990 Alpinweiss 325i - secret 500whp build
                  2000 Audi S4 B5 Laser Red
                  1990 Nissan 240sx - Drift Missile
                  2006 CBR600RR

Comment

Me too, Just trying to find the right m50

www.roadreview.net

Comment

So not much to update. I got to the point where I tried to crank it, found out that a m42 starter doesn't want to turn an m50 over, stupid me, and I am now looking for a m20 starter, single mass flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, and euro 323i throwout bearing. Will be an upgrade anyway. If anybody knows where I can get those for cheap, that would be great.

It would also apear that my 11/95 e34 525i touring auto wiring harness has no spot on it for an o2 sensor. Am I just a tard? Looking on realoem, I don't see any spot for it on the wiring harness. Help?

Comment

There should be an O2 sensor plug. It's held by a little bracket just below the starter:

Last edited by Wh33lhop; 04-03-2010, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Welp...just found out what wire was cut then. Fantastic. Thanks for all your help Wh33lhop. Seriously.

Comment

Glad to help. You're getting there. You can run the car without the O2 sensor if need be, but see if you can find the O2 sensor connector in a junkyard and solder a new one on (4 wires) or you can go for an E36 harness. I haven't been able to get the E34 harness to work with the ECU mounted in the stock position yet. If I were to do it again I'd go with an E36 harness (and an S50, haha).

Comment

haha. I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna boost mine eventually. Possibly end of summer, beginning of the next school year. Basically whenever I have money. I think I'm just gonna solder the o2 up to it. I wish that I had gotten the e36 wiring harness, but I got everything when I bought my motor. I remember reading that you had some problems with your transmission. Any updates with that?

Comment

New clutch and trans are in the car, I replaced some other stuff and the M50's running pretty well. The trans doesn't seem to like going into 4th, but it'll work for now.

I think if you rearrange the wires in the E34 harness it may work, but I haven't been brave enough to cut the zipties yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X