This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very helpful!!! Great job guys!

Neil, that list is very detailed! Thanks and I look forward to seeing the car.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Neil1138 View Post
      Drivetrain
      Fully resealed ZF 320Z w/ full shift detent pin service, new OEM S52 Luk DMF, new Sachs OEM clutch kit, new E36 pilot bearing. New E36 M3 guibo, E36 M3 driveshaft w/ new E30 CSB into E30 S3.73 LSD.
      How's the ZF320 with the 3.73 work for ya? I have a 3.73 in my car now that I'm swapping an S52 with a ZF310 and I'm thinking the 3.73 will need to go for a 3.25 or 2.93.
      84 325e Burgundrot S52 M Tech 1.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250109

Comment

Originally posted by Aviator View Post
        How's the ZF320 with the 3.73 work for ya? I have a 3.73 in my car now that I'm swapping an S52 with a ZF310 and I'm thinking the 3.73 will need to go for a 3.25 or 2.93.
        It's a ton of fun in the city but the gearing is too high for highway driving. Going to get a S2.93 in there eventually.

Comment

I just finished my s52 swap yesterday and I'm running e36 trans with 3.25 diff. Tomorrow I'm picking up a 2.93 diff cause 3.25 is no fun on the freeway!

Comment

Engine- m50 block, 2.8l crank and rods, m50tu pistons, m50tu head and electrics, m50 intake manifold, m52 headers, m54b30 Intake cam, m52 exhaust cam

Exhuast- shitty

Tranny- g260

Stock booster

Red label 413 with generic chip

F1 aluminum flywheel

Spal pusher fan

No ac

No ps
            Originally posted by Ferdinand
            I carry a cheap pressure gauge in my glovebox with which to manually check my tire pressures, but I keep forgetting that in the USA glovebox space is sacred as it is reserved exclusively for the purpose of storing handguns.

DIVING BOARD DIVISION DIVISION IDIOT

Comment

Originally posted by Neil1138 View Post
              Engine
              S52B32 w/ 130k miles. OBD1 converted. Replaced the following prior to installation: all new OEM sensors, gaskets, grommets, and fasteners. Secured oil pump nut, all new hoses/vacuum fittings for crankcase ventilation/ICV and evap system. Running 21.5# pink top injectors (stock S52) and 3.5" MAF (540).

Engine Wiring/Electrical
              E36 325i harness (manual). Removed X20 connector and re-pinned directly into replacement C101 connector. 413 Red Label DME w/ TMS chip.

Drivetrain
              Fully resealed ZF 320Z w/ full shift detent pin service, new OEM S52 Luk DMF, new Sachs OEM clutch kit, new E36 pilot bearing. New E36 M3 guibo, E36 M3 driveshaft w/ new E30 CSB into E30 S3.73 LSD. Stock E30 g260 transmission crossmember w/ stock rubber mounts.

Shift Lever and Linkage
              UUC EVO3 SSK (E36 M3) + DSSR (E36 M3), mounted in slightly modified E36 M3 shift carrier (to sit straight in opening).

Motor Mounts
              E28 535i green mounts w/ passenger side spaced up 12mm. E36 mount arms

Brake Booster
              E21 320i Brake booster w/ rethreaded/shortened stud, OEM E30 master cylinder, E30 fluid reservoir (all new gaskets/grommets)

Steering System
              E30 325i steering rack, mix of E30/E36 supply and return hardlines, E36 fluid reservoir, cut/modified E30/E36 softlines.

Cooling System
              OEM M20 radiator w/ M20 mechanical fan clutch and blades, stock M20 temperature sensors (blue and brown top), and stock m20 radiator sensor. Stock M20 top hose cut/modified to fit, random hose from autozone modified for bottom hose (both are straight w/ 90 deg bend at end).

Exhaust System
              OEM S52 tubular headers w/ SAP delete plates > modified S50 downpipes > Y pipe w/ 3" output > 3" Vibrant race cat > 3" Vibrant UltraQuiet Resonator > 3" Vibrant StreetPower Muffler.

After install:

Currently:

Also, my parts list. May find the P/N's useful.

<3
              Your parts list= awesome. It really set me in the right direction. I JUST bought a s50 long block and needed this.
              My Pleasure:02 Honda 954, 02 Fronty 4x4
              My Pain:91 BMW E30, 90 S13(sr'd)

"granthr said: ↑
              I mention Metric Mechanic because it is a great way to empty your wallet to get unverified horsepower gains."

Comment

+1 on that parts list. so very useful.

i have no idea what i am doing with my life

Comment

Is that list quoted or in the 24v Swap Thread? It should be.

Comment

Originally posted by mikegar View Post
                    Engine- m50 block, 2.8l crank and rods, m50tu pistons, m50tu head and electrics, m50 intake manifold, m52 headers, m54b30 Intake cam, m52 exhaust cam

Exhuast- shitty

Tranny- g260

Stock booster

Red label 413 with generic chip

F1 aluminum flywheel

Spal pusher fan

No ac

No ps
                    specs on the cams?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Gruber View Post
                      Your parts list= awesome. It really set me in the right direction. I JUST bought a s50 long block and needed this.
                      Originally posted by dirtbag30 View Post
                      +1 on that parts list. so very useful.
                      Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                      Is that list quoted or in the 24v Swap Thread? It should be.
                      Thank you guys! Now that I'm completely done with the swap, here is the latest version (a little bigger, may be easier to see):

Also, here is the (reset) Excel spreadsheet, if anyone would like to use it as a starting point: dropbox link

<3

Comment

350 for the EVO3 + DSSR? Man I should have shopped around more. I paid 425 shipped when I bought mine.

Comment

I bought it around New Years, and UUC was doing a special. Buy the evo3 and get a free DSSR and free shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by emmanuel.dlc View Post
                            specs on the cams?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
                            They are 240/228.
                            Originally posted by Ferdinand
                            I carry a cheap pressure gauge in my glovebox with which to manually check my tire pressures, but I keep forgetting that in the USA glovebox space is sacred as it is reserved exclusively for the purpose of storing handguns.

DIVING BOARD DIVISION DIVISION IDIOT

Comment

Re-posting mine since I'm done and it's running now.

1. Engine
                              - 92 e36 M50NV. E34 pan and pick up All stock for now. A/C & PS delete.

2. Engine Wiring- E36 harness, adapter from Nando. 403 DME, Dinan Chip

3. Drivetrain-
                              G240, M42 dual mass flywheel, OE M42 Sachs clutch, G240 TOB and slave, 4.10LSD, E30 mounts. e36 325i driveshaft

4. Shift Lever and Linkage
                              - euro 320 shift arms, UUC shift lever, new bushings

5. Motor Mounts
                              - E28 green mounts, E36 mount arms

6. Brake Booster- stock, bone stock. Not even moved. Clearance is tight, about 1/4in but it doesn't hit it so why bother?

7. Steering System- E30 rack with condor PS delete plate.

8. Cooling System
                              - M42 radiator, new thermostat and 80C aux fan switch. Will be running a spal pusher eventually

9. Exhaust System- OBD-1 headers to E36 y-pipe. Had my existing exhaust trimmed and bent to meet the y-pipe. Super super simple. New bosch 02 sensor.
                              91 318is M50 swapped
                              05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Still building but this is how my setup is going to be. Have nearly all the parts, starting the swap this fall.

1. Engine- 95 s50b30us bored over .5mm w/ overbore JE 11.5:1 Pistons + Stage2 P&P Head w/ Titanium Springs/Retainers + 3.5" Euro MAF + ARP Hardware. Motor will be completely rebuilt brand new.

2. Engine Wiring- e36m3 harness rewired for C101 plug

3. Drivetrain- G260 + swap brace + AKG mounts + BlunTech E30 Spec Stage 2 Kevlar Clutch Kit + stock flywheel machined to 11.5lbs + 3.73LSD

4. Shift Lever and Linkage- UUC short shifter + UUC DSSR twisted 10 degrees

5. Motor Mounts- AKG Mounts + E36 mount arms

6. Brake Booster- Havn't Decided Yet but debating switching to a wilwood or tilton pedal setup but probably just slide my stock setup over a tad to start with

7. Steering System- E30 Rack + Power Steering Delete Plate from Condor

8. Cooling System- Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator + Summit Racing Pusher Fan

9. Exhaust System- Ebay Stainless Steel Header + resonator instead of Catalytic Converter + Supersprint SS Exhaust
                                Last edited by moreoff; 04-27-2014, 11:41 AM.
                                My Build Thread

My Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X