No announcement yet.

Swap 1/4 Mile Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think im gonna go again scince its the last chance for the year next week to see if i can get in the low 14s... IM gonna try less air pressure im gonna drop it down to around 20.
    84 318I Delphin RIP
    87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
    89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

ugh I can't wait to get my shit done. and my .02, the times in this thread are disappointing, even though drag times don't tell the whole story about these swaps.

Comment

Finally got into the 9s with my swap.
        BMWSOB at Atco 11-28-08. Quickest BMW in the USA, just barely beating out Mike Radowski's 9.92@145. Maximum Psi.
        MaximumPSI.com

Comment

Haha, you win.
          Congrats man, quite an achievement.
          '91 318is
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BMWSOB View Post
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoGfqK2HKDg
            Holy fuck! More info please!
            Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by 416stroker View Post
              I think im gonna go again scince its the last chance for the year next week to see if i can get in the low 14s... IM gonna try less air pressure im gonna drop it down to around 20.

Rained out my this week does any one think i can fit g60/15 drag slicks in the rear?
              84 318I Delphin RIP
              89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

According to Dynolicious I am running in the mid 13's. This is with uncontrolable wheel spin in 1st and 2nd gears and 3.0+ sec 60' times
                e30sport.net
                '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
                '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
                '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Originally posted by MIKe30 View Post
                  ugh I can't wait to get my shit done. and my .02, the times in this thread are disappointing, even though drag times don't tell the whole story about these swaps.
                  of course they are; with a few exceptions most of the M50 swaps are bone stock engines taken straight from a wrecked car and dropped into an E30, unkown history and all. brand new they only made ~20hp more than an M20, and it's going to take a lot more than 20hp to shave a full second off the 1/4 mile. you don't do the swap for a fast 1/4 mile time, you do it to get a more modern engine that takes mods better.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    of course they are; with a few exceptions most of the M50 swaps are bone stock engines taken straight from a wrecked car and dropped into an E30, unkown history and all. brand new they only made ~20hp more than an M20, and it's going to take a lot more than 20hp to shave a full second off the 1/4 mile. you don't do the swap for a fast 1/4 mile time, you do it to get a more modern engine that takes mods better.
                    I agree with you about m50's, but when you drop in a rebuilt s52 with cams and bolt on's - yes you do it for a fast 1/4 mile time (fast relative to m20 e30 times). 14's in an s52 e30 is NOTHING short of disappointing to me. I understand driver error can have a lot to do with it, but if i'm not running mid to low 13's n/a when my car is done i'll surely be unhappy when it comes to numbers. jmho.

Comment

I guess I've just come to expect dissapointment. there are so many exaggerated claims of power and acceleration you pretty much have to expect it to be not quite as fast as you thought. The truth always hurts a bit; when people go from their imaginary race times (dude I totally just smoked a viper light to light!) and then go to an actual track they don't like what they get because the clock doesn't lie.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by BMWSOB View Post
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoGfqK2HKDg
                        And if you wernt on the revlimiter so much you would run a low 9
                        84 318I Delphin RIP
                        89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Originally posted by 416stroker View Post
                          And if you wernt on the revlimiter so much you would run a low 9
                          Sorry, don't mean to be mean, but that's a such a novice statement. If you knew anything about drag/flooring a high hp car and optimizing each gear with great power you'd understand the reason of a revlimiter and the reason why he's on it a lot. If you didn't notice he's pushing out a lot of power, meaning before he even reaches the maximum speed for each gear he's already spinning his tires. So while they are spinning you basically either feather the gas or just stomp on it and wait for your car to actually catch up to speed for that gear, hence why he bounces off the revlimiter. If he were to shift gears ever time he hit redline immediately he would bog out the next gear (something you would apparently do) and get even slower times.

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Comment

I guess I've just come to expect dissapointment. there are so many exaggerated claims of power and acceleration you pretty much have to expect it to be not quite as fast as you thought. The truth always hurts a bit; when people go from their imaginary race times (dude I totally just smoked a viper light to light!) and then go to an actual track they don't like what they get because the clock doesn't lie.
                            word.

my s50 was low mileage, but i rebuilt it and when i took it to the drags, i expected low 14 to 14.0, best run was a 14.5. with my m20 my best time was a 15.9 i believe, so i was kinda happy, but at the same time depressed that $8kish got me only 1.5sec faster.
                            IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

it's going to take a lot more than 20hp to shave a full second off the 1/4 mile.
                              Not to mention that the 20hp gain barely negates the added weight of the 24v motor.

Comment

Originally posted by rThor432 View Post
                                Not to mention that the 20hp gain barely negates the added weight of the 24v motor.
                                i believe this has been addressed multiple times, the 24v motors are only like 50lbs heavier than the m20...
                                IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X