No announcement yet.

NC325iC 24v build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an s52 with m50intake and s52 throttle body. I have the e34 throttle cable going to the bottom/smaller cam on the throttle. But the cable is way too long. I have one full loop around the brake reservoir area.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Very strange mine has maybe 5 inches of slack on mine. Enough to make routing easy.
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Does it have the metal 90degree?

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Yes I use the 90 bend.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

This thread points mostly to the e34 cable but talks about modifications. Anyone have more details of this?

Comment

I think my memory exaggerated a bitClick image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1446218546540.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	7180736

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
                Does it have the metal 90degree?

I don't recall but I think so. Mine is routed a lot different than yours. You can't see it from above at all. I think it goes under the MC rather than over.

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
                  I think the issue is that the e34 throttle cable is too long. I have to loop it to get to the throttle body, and this could be causing the poor actuation. What cables are other people running? Any pictures?
                  I used 35 41 1 160 609 and it is long as hell, exactly as you describe, but I don't have any real issues with actuation. It could definitely be a little smoother, but I don't think it really affects my driving though.
                  Originally posted by priapism
                  My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                  Originally posted by shameson
                  Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I'm also running an OBD1 throttle body.
                    Originally posted by priapism
                    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                    Originally posted by shameson
                    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

OK, next question/issue

Startup, particularly cold startups, I'm getting a nice thick cloud of smoke. It does not stick around for long. Just a thick puff of smoke for the first firing then it clears up immediately. The smoke does not appear to be oily, I'm sure there is some oil but it doesn't smell like oil to me. It really just smells like a very rich burn.

I don't know if I will be able to get a good diagnosis on this until my vacuum leak is fixed, could be a contributing factor in the smoke screen, but I am curious if it could also be caused by the way I am rooting my crankcase vent and fuel tank evap line.

I have them both fed into an oil air separator from jegs, then into the manifold. Fuel tank evap is hooked up to the charcoal canister valve, but no canister. There are no other check valves or anything in my setup.

Comment

I think I need to add a pcv valve to the vent line

Comment

So I did an experiment and pulled the intake side house from my catch can and plugged it. No more smokey cold starts. And added benefit, the car idles on its own now, the pcv line was just acting as a second big vacuum leak. So I ordered a pcv valve.

Comment

Working...
                          X