Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
    Subscribed.

I'd love a full write up if possible?, looks extremely interesting and I would go this route including purchase of pin. I'm in the midst of upgrading my front brakes with wildwood BBK and new e32 master. If it were to match this booster, my braking would be ridiculously awesome.

Thanks in advance for this.

I will make a write up on all the parts that are needed for this swap. Still trying to find the brake fittings for the master.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Onwer of
    1987 e30 325e soon to be s50
    1991 e30 318i four door
    1994 e34 530i 5speed
    05 e53 X5 4.4i fully loaded

Comment

subbed
      '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
      Shadetree30

Comment

Found the brake fittings to use.

Onwer of
        1991 e30 318i four door
        1994 e34 530i 5speed

Comment

i pulled one of these boosters on sunday from pullapart. and from what i can tell it seems to be about the same size as my e32 booster if not a touch smaller. but its hard to tell since i dont have a good way of measuring my e32 booster thats crammed in my engine bay. the master that was on it i left at the yard, and had the bore size markings of 25mm and 22mm. unless you're just trying to get a slightly smaller booster, i dont know that there would be much benefit of this booster over the e32/ix. and it doesn't look like the older master cylinder options will fit this one, as the master mounting stud spacing is different from the e32 booster. its about 4" between studs as opposed to my e32 booster at around 3 5/8" between studs. i did order a master cylinder on ebay from a 98 mercedes slk230, with bore sizing of 23mm and 19mm, which should be closer to stock e30 sizing. this one does appear to have the correct spacing for my e32 booster.

*edit-ok it could still be a great option for those who want the feel of a 25mm master and newer parts than the traditional swap options. but if you're like me and already have the dual diaphragm it might not be worth the extra work
          Last edited by atldohc; 06-13-2018, 01:36 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

what about for m20 application?

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
              what about for m20 application?

It will fit. Nothing will be in the way. Still have to mod the brake lines and get a pin. I have some made if you are interested

Onwer of
              1991 e30 318i four door
              1994 e34 530i 5speed

Comment

This comes a little too late for me as I went with a 944 booster mainly because it's 90% plug and play and uses the stock E30 MC but this info is good to know. I'm sure there are others out there that will work, it just takes someone to try it first. As plentiful as E92's are the parts will be cheap as many of them show up in the junkyards and being newer parts perhaps more reliable and in better condition. Thanks for posting and helping out the community.

Perhaps we can highlight exactly what needs to be done/why with specs and part number of the booster for reference. Maybe the booster is used on other models.
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                  This comes a little too late for me as I went with a 944 booster mainly because it's 90% plug and play and uses the stock E30 MC but this info is good to know. I'm sure there are others out there that will work, it just takes someone to try it first. As plentiful as E92's are the parts will be cheap as many of them show up in the junkyards and being newer parts perhaps more reliable and in better condition. Thanks for posting and helping out the community.

Perhaps we can highlight exactly what needs to be done/why with specs and part number of the booster for reference. Maybe the booster is used on other models.

I’m going to do a full write up on this when I have some time and with pictures with step by step. Maybe even a video.

Onwer of
                  1991 e30 318i four door
                  1994 e34 530i 5speed

Comment

Subbed, Id be interested in a write up and pin as well. Just finished up the wiring harness repin on my s52. Next step was brake booster.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackthorn View Post
                      Subbed, Id be interested in a write up and pin as well. Just finished up the wiring harness repin on my s52. Next step was brake booster.

Go buy a e90/91/92/93 booster, it’s worth it. Get the brake fittings from your local auto store and get the pin I make.

Onwer of
                      1991 e30 318i four door
                      1994 e34 530i 5speed

Comment

Interesting man!

So now I’m testing things. I put the brake lines on the master, the master is a 1/4 in compared to 3/16. E39 has brake fittings that are 3/16 hole but 1/4 thread.

If you guys have any questions or need any help, hit me up here or give us a call at globo auto.

If I was in a pinch I could temporarily use 1/4 to 3/16 brake line adapter correct?

Update

Rx7 brakes are awesome with this booster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE]

Comment

Just so you guys know this is what you need to fit the lines in the master.

Onwer of
                          1991 e30 318i four door
                          1994 e34 530i 5speed

Comment

I was thinking about upgrading my master cylinder to the e32 one, but this comes in waaayyy cheaper. I was looking online and I just don't see where the clutch reservoir would attach to.

I see these tabbed off ports, but I'm not 100% if that's where it would attach to

My Daily Driven 318is

Comment

Originally posted by gespinal0301 View Post
                              I was thinking about upgrading my master cylinder to the e32 one, but this comes in waaayyy cheaper. I was looking online and I just don't see where the clutch reservoir would attach to.

I see these tabbed off ports, but I'm not 100% if that's where it would attach to

What motor are you using?

Onwer of
                              1991 e30 318i four door
                              1994 e34 530i 5speed

Comment

Originally posted by Noshow20x96 View Post
                                What motor are you using?

M42, this just seems like a cheaper replacement overall

My Daily Driven 318is

Comment

Working...
                                X