260 Transmission Brace - production begins

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • itsbrokeagain
    replied
    I will also be needing one, prolly by early next year when I get around to doing the swap...

    Leave a comment:


  • MIKe30
    replied
    pm sent to dougy..

    Leave a comment:


  • e30pq
    replied
    Originally posted by madjurgen
    What mounts are these?
    Those are AKG Motorsport -- E21 transmission mounts with aluminum cups

    Look under E30 parts

    http://www.akgmotorsport.com/

    Leave a comment:


  • JRKOUPE
    replied
    Originally posted by madjurgen
    What mounts are these?


    I once knew...but I forget...


    IIRC... e 21 mounts and akg style reinforce cups
    Last edited by JRKOUPE; 11-03-2008, 07:59 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kilomph
    replied
    Hope you continue making them for years to come! R3V needs your support!

    Originally posted by JRKOUPE
    My m50 is coming I think....Id like a custom brace but would like to know: I track 99% of the time....has any 1 used the e21 mounts on the track.....do they seem up to the task?..I run BW hard rubber on my m20 set up right now..and they are green. I wonder if they even are the e21 mounts!!!! I had to file the nubs on my oe brace to make them fit well.

    Charlie...thanks for pointing me toward Doug!!!!!!
    It looks like these e21 mounts are the same "hard rubber" mounts offered by http://store.bimmerworld.com/shared/...immerworl&All=

    When I received mine they were green, just like the E21s. I also had to drill out the holes on my stock brace to make them fit. Very hard, but without the NVH of poly.
    Last edited by Kilomph; 11-03-2008, 07:18 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hodge
    replied
    Awsome looking brace. I may need one someday!

    Leave a comment:


  • madjurgen
    replied
    What mounts are these?

    Originally posted by e30pq

    Leave a comment:


  • tonytony
    replied
    mine has been waiting to be used for a year now, it does look good sitting in my room though! haha

    Leave a comment:


  • Kerrath
    replied
    What mounts are these? Did they split when you tightened them?

    Originally posted by BDSax

    Before: using different stock bmw mounts




    Leave a comment:


  • Black_E30
    replied
    Thanks for the update, and good luck with the cams etc.!

    Leave a comment:


  • e30pq
    replied
    Great product. I was one of the first units.

    This is a photo of my install.



    This link shows the finished results of my project.

    Leave a comment:


  • turboeta
    replied
    I'll be ordering one next week Doug :)

    Leave a comment:


  • dougsic
    replied
    Still making them to order.

    For those guys waiting, my car is STILL in the freaking shop and I need to have it back to test fit each brace. I truly appreciate your patience!

    Of late, my vanos started making noise so I immediately put the car in for vanos repair.

    Well, as the saying goes, "While you're in there . . ."

    So, I took the plunge for Turner kit w/Schricks, injectors, chip etc. Weeks pass.

    Cams installed but vanos repair didn't work. Ordered Dr. Vanos.

    Finally, the call to pick up the car.

    Go to pick it up and it's idling like a semi. What the? Shop keeps it for a few more days then insists the idle is because of performance cams.

    I take the car to ANOTHER shop and they called today to say the cams weren't installed properly and neither was the vanos.

    Man, this is getting seriously expensive!

    End of rant.

    Hang in there guys. Your braces will be coming soon.

    Here are some I finished last week:
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • atomic
    replied
    Originally posted by brandon11130
    im wondering as well, i have a core too i could send it out beforehand if you would like.

    Leave a comment:


  • brandon11130
    replied
    im wondering as well, i have a core too i could send it out beforehand if you would like.

    Leave a comment:

Working...