260 Transmission Brace - production begins

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • madjurgen
    replied
    Bump

    Available anymore?

    Leave a comment:


  • Black_E30
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie
    ... Buy one.
    I'm trying.

    Not sure I've got Doug's interest and/or attention though...
    Doug - I PM'ed you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Charlie
    replied
    Just another bump to say "excellent brace".

    Buy one.

    -Charlie

    Leave a comment:


  • Drew325is
    replied
    This bumpage reminds me...I fitted up my brace from Doug a few months ago...works a treat! Thanks again Doug!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • hoveringuy
    replied
    Doug sent one to me for my swap 2 months ago. One less thing I had to worry about and it allowed me drop the motor with minimal fuss. I did need to slot the holes slightly to center the transmission towards the driver but that was no big deal.

    I highly recommend Doug's mount!

    Also, the wind was blowing from Capitol Raceway all day and I got to listen to the cars. I'll try to make it to test and tune in the next few weeks and I'll post my time. Ha ha!

    Leave a comment:


  • Black_E30
    replied
    Hi Doug,
    The tranny brace looks great! Do you have any more or will you make any more, and if so what is the price?


    Originally posted by dougsic
    I'm still able to work on these at night when I can steal a few hours from all of my other obligations (arrgh).
    ... ...
    No, the appreciation I get from you guys makes it all worth while.

    Sure, I'll make a few more.

    Leave a comment:


  • pogiboy9
    replied
    Aight i'm collecting my list to make my swap easier :-D. But hopefully these will be available still when it comes.

    Leave a comment:


  • pogiboy9
    replied
    Originally posted by dougsic
    If your check clears, I'll ship anywhere.
    HA. Money talks

    Leave a comment:


  • B3M2W5
    replied
    Thanks agian doug

    I finaly got the motor in and every lined up and fits great its all in there thanks again doug. I would rec. this if any one is short on time or has no clue what you need for mounts or cant weld. That or just to have a cool cuztom fabed mount

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    If these are still on the market I'd like to ge get in. PM sent.

    Leave a comment:


  • JRKOUPE
    replied
    brace

    Late subscriber here.......

    I just wanted to say thanks to Doug......its hard enough doing what youre doing , finding the time etc....and in addition to deal w/ a bunch of picky/quirky, often cheap guys like us is even harder!!!!

    I have a local hot rod builder in my area as well...he did a very nice dead pedal for me....its amazing to me what some of these old school fabricators can do.


    My m50 is coming I think....Id like a custom brace but would like to know: I track 99% of the time....has any 1 used the e21 mounts on the track.....do they seem up to the task?..I run BW hard rubber on my m20 set up right now..and they are green. I wonder if they even are the e21 mounts!!!! I had to file the nubs on my oe brace to make them fit well.

    Charlie...thanks for pointing me toward Doug!!!!!!
    Last edited by JRKOUPE; 11-01-2007, 06:51 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • tonytony
    replied
    price of the brace is worth not having to deal with broken and ill fitting mounts again, thanks again doug!

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    Next time I have my car in the air I will be sure to snap a pic of mine.

    Leave a comment:


  • dougsic
    replied
    Originally posted by golde30
    these still available?
    I'm still able to work on these at night when I can steal a few hours from all of my other obligations (arrgh).

    Thanks to all of you that took the time to post or write me with words of encouragement. Just on the last page, Zach, Tony, Curt, Matt and Billy (even took pictures!) - I owe you guys. :up:

    I couldn't be making these without the help of my mentor Jack Kendall but his garage is overflowing with projects like the ones pictured below.

    For the amount of time it takes to fabricate one of these braces, paint it, get under my car and remove my brace, install the new one to make sure it fits properly, put mine back on, package and take the new one to the post office - am I nuts?

    No, the appreciation I get from you guys makes it all worth while.

    Sure, I'll make a few more.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick325is
    replied
    I need one of these as well.

    -Nick

    Leave a comment:

Working...