Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The comprehensive DOHC engine swap thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M50b25-> stroker 2,8L ,ITB M3 E36 and... :)

Comment

s50b32 euro for sale with80k miles and 5 or 6 spd trans... pm me for pricing.

Comment

Which pilot bearing do I use with a 95 S50 and a 260 trans?

Thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by isolatos View Post
          Which pilot bearing do I use with a 95 S50 and a 260 trans?

Thanks..
          M20/G260 pilot bearing should fit fine. I wound up using the old one from my M20 for my M50 swap.

Comment

Originally posted by dzidziusbmw View Post
            M50b25-> stroker 2,8L ,ITB M3 E36 and... :)

So you are using the ITB's off a euro s50 or s50b32? any modifications that you had to do?

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

ok I understand that it annoys people when a noob come and ask things that were answered! ahahhahah I tried reading through many pages on this thread, but it confuses the hell out of me. So I bought the s52 from M4tt and now i'm in need of installing it, first Transmission i understand that i can go for E46 6sp, or E36 M3 one. As money is getting more and more tight, I will go for E36 M3. I am transplanting it in a 91 318is.
              questions:

1. is the E36 M3 tranny the one they call ZF? and is that the one i need? from what year car?

2. what else do i need to hunt for other than the transmission itself....drive shaft, flywheel, pilot bearing....? from what cars would i get those parts from, and is there part i need to use from my 318is?

Comment

Originally posted by E30_80Y View Post
                ok I understand that it annoys people when a noob come and ask things that were answered! ahahhahah I tried reading through many pages on this thread, but it confuses the hell out of me. So I bought the s52 from M4tt and now i'm in need of installing it, first Transmission i understand that i can go for E46 6sp, or E36 M3 one. As money is getting more and more tight, I will go for E36 M3. I am transplanting it in a 91 318is.
                questions:

1. is the E36 M3 tranny the one they call ZF? and is that the one i need? from what year car?

2. what else do i need to hunt for other than the transmission itself....drive shaft, flywheel, pilot bearing....? from what cars would i get those parts from, and is there part i need to use from my 318is?
                1. yes it is and any s50/s52 tranny will work.

2. you need an e36 driveshaft from a 328i or a m3 with the 3 bolt front. The other part of the question is you use the same set up as to what tranny you are using.

www.gutenparts.com
                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

hey guys, can someone help me out and let me know the length of g260 shift linkage? My boss can weld so I'm just going trim my g240 linkage...
                  http://l0st0n3.mybrute.com
                  http://l0st-0n3.mybrute.com
                  Work in progress: 1991 318i m50 swap

Feedback thread :up:

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
                  I prefer having a female in the car at all times. They generally smell good, but you do have to put up with that hole in their face.

Comment

anyone?
                    http://l0st0n3.mybrute.com
                    http://l0st-0n3.mybrute.com
                    Work in progress: 1991 318i m50 swap

Feedback thread :up:

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
                    I prefer having a female in the car at all times. They generally smell good, but you do have to put up with that hole in their face.

Comment

Originally posted by gregslow318i View Post
                      golden rule for the e30m50 trans question. use the drive shaft that came in the car the the trans came out of. so in your case the 250 came in the e36 (e36 trans are the same between the 325 and 318is iirc same with the driveshafts just looked on realoem) so use the e36 drive shaft w/a e30 gybo and a e30 center support. no need to swap flanges or have a custome drive shaft built.

This is just for my own curiosity, but why do you need to put the e30 guibo and center support? What is wrong with the e36 ones?

Comment

I might be wrong, but I think the e36 one is either too big where it won't fit, or the holes don't line up because it's too long. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
                        I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                        2875-C Towerview Road
                        Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

e36 does not fit, plus e30 has bifier csb

Comment

So you are saying with an M50 and G250 you would use a standard e30 manual d/s?

Comment

If you use an E30 trans, you use an E30 driveshaft. If you have an E36 trans, you use an E36 328is driveshaft. There may be some other combos, but these are tried and true.

1988 Bronzitbeige Metallic 325e 2-door S50 turbo (OO=( )=OO)
                              2008 VW Rabbit
                              1991 Audi 200 20vtq Wagon

Comment

After doing some research I am pretty sure if you use a G250 tranny, you use the driveshaft it comes with, but with an e30 CSB.

Comment

Working...
                                X