Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The comprehensive DOHC engine swap thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

It looks like I have a lot more put together than I thought I did, I don't really have that much left to bolt up. RealOEM has been a big help, tho.

Comment

need some help with my m52 swap,
        I am down to the wireing, but I have a small problem I am keeping the EWSII for $$$ reasons, I wired up the engine but the EWS is still not working been over the wires 4 times, every thing seems to be in order but still no crank.

here is how I wired it

Main EWS II 61.35-4 4 146 047

1 BLK/Yellow to starter
        2 White/purple to it's brother on the connector
        3 blk/green to the ignition key
        4 green to DME
        5 red/ yellow to continus 12V
        6 none
        7 brown to ground
        12 black to pin 20 on the connector also black
        13 light blue to transmiter
        I am left with 8 black/green - ?
        14 blue/red/yellow - ???
        12 Black - ??? speed input I think

EWS transmiter

1 to 13 on the main EWS
        2 to +12V acc on
        3 to ground

Please help cant seem to start the car tryed every thing that I can think of

Comment

So what are you people using for an 02 sensor? Is anyone using the Bosch Mustang sensor?

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
            So what are you people using for an 02 sensor? Is anyone using the Bosch Mustang sensor?
            I just got a new bosch for an e34 for around 75 shipped.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

The Bosch Mustang 02 sensor for the M20 is about $35, and all you have to do is splice the wires. I'm just curious if it works on the M50.

Comment

If it works on the m20 it'll work on the m50. I used the stock e30 sensor.

Comment

Then that's what I'm doing. $35 vs. $75 or more is no question.

Comment

I just ran full obd1 m3 midpipe and m3 muffler. It did the job.
                    world renown Harry Potter expert
                    sigpic

Comment

Where does this mount? It looks like it bolts to one of the intake manifold brackets, but which one, where, and what does it go to?

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                        Where does this mount? It looks like it bolts to one of the intake manifold brackets, but which one, where, and what does it go to?

When I got my engine it was bolted to the block a little to the right of where you are holding it but not on the mount arm bolts. Also your rear intake manifold bracket pictured there needs to be replaced with a E36 part if you want to run both brackets and not just the front one. The E36 part bolts to the extra hole on your E36 mount arms.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

New random question time!

Using a Getrag 260 with an M20 fly, do I still need the shim plate that goes between the flywheel and the flywheel bolts? #10 in this pic:

Comment

yea same question here...

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

I would install it. It is there to put even pressure on the FW no?

Comment

Josh, what goes in 2nd hole of intake boot?

I know 1 hole is for the ICV to boot hose, and the other hole is for Valve cover to boot?

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Working...
                                X