Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The comprehensive DOHC engine swap thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, need help on brakes..
    I am running IX booster with 95 e36 m3 MC and 2002 remote res, I have the 2002 connectors that plug into MC but they're much skinnier than the grommets in MC! Any ideas how to make it work or if any other grommets, does anybody have p/n??
    Thx in advance.

Comment

Hey guys, finished up my S52 swap a little while back. For anyone looking for a reference, here is the latest version of my S52 OBD1 swap parts list. All of the part numbers should be accurate (unless they become superseded).

Also, here is the (reset) Excel spreadsheet, if anyone would like to use it as a starting point: dropbox link

My swap thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=305827

<3

Comment

Guys got a noob question, I just bought the m50 swap connector from AKG, except looking at the looms I have no idea where I plug these in. Can someone post photos of where the connectors are both engine and chassis side?

Comment

Originally posted by Stitche30 View Post
          Guys got a noob question, I just bought the m50 swap connector from AKG, except looking at the looms I have no idea where I plug these in. Can someone post photos of where the connectors are both engine and chassis side?
          One end plugs into the engine harness, the other into the body harness. It all makes sense when you look at it
          91 318is M50 swapped
          05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Originally posted by Neil1138 View Post
            Hey guys, finished up my S52 swap a little while back. For anyone looking for a reference, here is the latest version of my S52 OBD1 swap parts list. All of the part numbers should be accurate (unless they become superseded).
            <3
            You sir, should get a cookie--a big cookie. I am sure this will be a great help for all those who are undertaking this swap. Saving and stashing away now.
            '91 318is M52 Turbo (in pieces)

Comment

Any thoughts on how stock e30 brakes hold up to the increased power of the S52? Anybody upgrade to bbk's or other?
              84 325e Burgundrot S52 M Tech 1.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250109

Comment

Anyone know what size the oil pan bolts are? The ones that bolt the oil pan to the block?
                BUILDTHREAD
                WTB LIST

Comment

So, how much does m20 flywheel needs to be shaved to work with s52?
                  Will 1/8" or 3/16" do it? About to take to a machine shop.. Thx.

Comment

From my research 1/8", i've had mine machined down and that is the number I went with. It is not installed yet so i cannot confirm 100%.

After removing 1/8" the m20 single mass weighs in at just over 17lbs, or you can grab an e21 flywheel/ shave yours to the ring gear and it will be about 12lb.
                    1990 332i, 4 door
                    2008 KTM 990 Superduke
                    2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
                    2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
                    2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

Originally posted by Aviator View Post
                      Any thoughts on how stock e30 brakes hold up to the increased power of the S52? Anybody upgrade to bbk's or other?
                      for street driving you should have no issues at all.....

for light track work u should be decent.

much more than light track work will be questionable.....I am advanced on track and never had big issues...but I do now run Massive street kit......which is borderline for decent track work.
                      I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by Varinn View Post
                        From my research 1/8", i've had mine machined down and that is the number I went with. It is not installed yet so i cannot confirm 100%.

After removing 1/8" the m20 single mass weighs in at just over 17lbs, or you can grab an e21 flywheel/ shave yours to the ring gear and it will be about 12lb.

Thx for input, just gonna shave off as much as possible, make it a lil lighter I guess

Comment

Question on e28 motor mounts for s52 going in '91 e30
                          I found 2 different part numbers, apparently one is for 533i with 5mm spacer and the other is for 535i/m5. Which one do I get, could someone shine a light on this. Thank you.
                          Here is p/n:

Comment

Thanks Neil for posting your list! :D
                            M119 M42 M62 S52 S62

Comment

Im trying hard to sell everything listed in my post. Please check it out if interest. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=335056

Comment

I just bought a M50B25 TU from a 94 325... I have a 91 318is... Can I use the tranny and driveshaft from the same e36 325? My tranny just blew today so it's time to get serious with this swap.. Please help!

Comment

Working...
                                X