No announcement yet.

[HOW TO] e46m3 6-speed your e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should be about 3k, with a 3.73. 6,500RPMs in 1st and second are at about 30 and 50 mph, respectively.
    '89 325i track sloot
    '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Originally posted by chuck90m3 View Post
      Good to find this out now. I could have had one of those given to me since NO one wants those drive shafts
      Lemme know if you find two... I'm putting together an e36 with a 6-speed also.

Comment

any chance the get420 will work in a e34?
        1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

I just love mine. I'm running a 3.46 LSD, and the ratio is perfect for combined street/highway duty.

E30 24V 6MT SOLD :( - look for it in sunny Miami :)

Comment

Is that tranny of the removable bellhousing genre? Wondering what it would take to get one to sit behind an s14...
            sigpic
            "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by shiftbmw View Post
              Is that tranny of the removable bellhousing genre? Wondering what it would take to get one to sit behind an s14...
              No. A lot.

Comment

nice write up. just asking how much did this cost?

www.gutenparts.com
                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by m3_eater View Post
                  I just love mine. I'm running a 3.46 LSD, and the ratio is perfect for combined street/highway duty.
                  You need to double check yours I want to say it is a 3.25:1 LSD. Remember I put it in there so do some checking.
                  "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith alone does not prove anything."

Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                    Lemme know if you find two... I'm putting together an e36 with a 6-speed also.
                    will do.
                    "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith alone does not prove anything."

Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by chuck90m3 View Post
                      You need to double check yours I want to say it is a 3.25:1 LSD. Remember I put it in there so do some checking.

Will do. I have to get under it to install a 24V skidplate anyway - I'll take a look at the casing when I do it. M4tt was convinced that it's a 3.46:1 *shrug*

E30 24V 6MT SOLD :( - look for it in sunny Miami :)

Comment

Originally posted by m3_eater View Post
                        Will do. I have to get under it to install a 24V skidplate anyway - I'll take a look at the casing when I do it. M4tt was convinced that it's a 3.46:1 *shrug*
                        when we were at lunch I wrote down on your list AND told you it was a 3.25:1. Just check it, if you like it then there is no real reason to change it right?

Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Automatic E36 M3 drive shaft fit confirmed! One small hiccup, you need to change out the CSB to one that will fit the E30. Other than this one problem the only thing (custom) you need to make is the transmission brace. Now I need to figure out if I am going to run a 3.46:1 or 3.73:1 LSD

Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

changes made to teh write up to reflect this new information
                            e30sport.net
                            '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
                            '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
                            '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

For those that did this swap, can someone please post some pictures of the modified cross member, and what they did? With the new info about not having to get a custom driveshaft made this is now a "must do" for me. I'm already running a 3.73 rear gear so I think this will be perfect for my car. Thanks, Christian.
                              08' BMW M5
                              07' BMW Z4M Coupe - SOLD
                              95' BMW M3
                              87' BMW 535is
                              Bring Bangle Back...

Comment

Shameless F/S post

This is a PIC i found off of the Azevedo Motorsports web page. It is just basically an extension from the manual brace rail to the brace that sits out in mid air. I am going to be making a few of my own brace (adapters) for myself and a friend. All you will need to do is bolt the (adapter) on the car and then bolt the brace to it. My adapter will bridge the manual to auto rail.
                                Attached Files

Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                                X