• Time
  • Show
Clear All

wiring diagram throttle actuator bmw e46 m3

Hi.

I am looking for wiring diagram on throttle actuator bmw e46 m3
    Have thought of switching ecu to the Motec M800 on an S14 engine

Sincerely, Nils-Erik

You can also wire one up stand-alone with a Pololu jrk 12v12 motor controller board

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150626_080329 (Small).jpg
Views:	4839
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	9889032
    My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
    4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Still looking for my wiring notes from a few years back, but I still have this setup on the bench so I can get whatever info you need from it, but basically 12v +/- PWM to the motor and 5v +/- Ref and signal feedback from the TPS
      Last edited by whodwho; 11-30-2019, 11:43 AM.
      My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
      4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

www.newtis.info is where I look for things like this.

hth

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

HI! Now that newTIS is gone I'm having trouble finding wiring diagrams. Does anyone have the pinouts for the two plugs on the S54 throttle actuator?

Comment

the 2001 Z3M ETM has everything you need

(I can't believe this website still exists, lol)
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Thanks Nando!
              Slightly related but do you happen to know the best way to source new connectors for a custom harness? Or how to find the part numbers for each connector? Im assuming they should be relatively off the shelf bosh or Delphi connectors of sorts.

Comment

some of the housings and pins you can get from mouser etc. if you know what to look for. otherwise, you can look them up on realoem.com and order them online or from a dealer.

the MSS54 housings are made by Siemens or AMP/Tyco, and some of them are exclusive to BMW, but you might get lucky and find them on a generic website (they'll be about 4x cheaper than buying through BMW).
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

They JPT connectors. But I like the Genuine BMW ones with the boots. Most others have different release clip and extend shell for heat shrink.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                  @Zakspeed_US

Comment

you can get the boots too - I have a bunch of them from when I used to make M50 swap adapters.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                    X