Starting my M54B30 swap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elysian View Post
    Well guys, logic has set in and I've changed my mind yet again. This thread is now relevant to this forum again I'm putting the M54 into my E30 after all, it will make it so I have no downtime with my DD. I'll still be turboing it down the line. I need to order a new pair of engine mounts(probably urethane, love the ones in my E24) and I need to change the brake booster. Once that is done everything will be in line to drop the motor in.
    Make a build thread!:up:
    Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Originally posted by VinniE30 View Post
      Make a build thread!:up:
      Isn't that what this thread is? :???:

Comment

lol nevermind.
        Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

progress?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

I've finally got money to buy some stuff towards this... Need to buy new motor mounts, trans mounts and brake booster.

Is this the correct booster? It's for an 89 325ix.

Hm its $192 on Rock Auto...and $126 on PartsGeek.
            Last edited by Elysian; 12-02-2011, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Just bought a little bit of this:

Revshift is a performance engineering and manufacturing company located in Metro Detroit, MI. Our parts are designed and manufactured under one roof. We design, engineer, and test the parts ourselves. Engine / motor mounts, bushings, suspension for BMW E28, E30, E34, E36, E46, E8X, E9X, F22, F32, F8X, Z3, Z4, N54.

And a little bit of that:

Revshift is a performance engineering and manufacturing company located in Metro Detroit, MI. Our parts are designed and manufactured under one roof. We design, engineer, and test the parts ourselves. Engine / motor mounts, bushings, suspension for BMW E28, E30, E34, E36, E46, E8X, E9X, F22, F32, F8X, Z3, Z4, N54.

325iX brake booster is on its way as well. Got it for $130 shipped.

Now my question is, will the brake reservoir/master cylinder from the eta bolt to the 325iX booster or will I need to source that as well? I'm sure I'll find out when it gets here but it's nice to be prepared.

Comment

Man that flex disc seems sketchy to me. Imagining that spinning at driveshaft speed is unsettling.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                  Man that flex disc seems sketchy to me. Imagining that spinning at driveshaft speed is unsettling.
                  Why? Aluminum flywheels do it all the time...

Granted, sometimes they explode :rofl:

Comment

Because its an oval.

Comment

Because its an oval.
                      :| No it isn't...

Comment

well it's not a circle is it?
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                        VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Besides, its 130 bucks. Finding the right driveshaft and doing it correctly can't be much more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
                            well it's not a circle is it?
                            It's symmetrical around the center, what exactly is the problem here?

Comment

Flex discs on driveshafts flex for a reason. To save your driveshaft. There is a reason even modified vettes still run rubber flex discs.

I'd rather replace a $40 guibo than pay $350+ to have my driveshaft rebuilt because my semi-solid flex disc destroyed the u joints.

Comment

Besides, its 130 bucks. Finding the right driveshaft and doing it correctly can't be much more expensive.
                                How exactly is this "incorrect?" Or do you even know?

Comment

Working...
                                X