• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes he is
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post
      I started in November. I used an adapter so I could plug it into the stock harness just like the stock ECU so I could easily switch back if I needed the car to run like stock. It took me a month to get most of the starting/wiring/tuning issues cleared-up and I've been daily-driving it all year.

I never had the need to switch back...

It's gotten to the point where I get forget that I have Megasquirt. It starts in the morning, idles smoothly and pulls strong. As a bonus, I don't have to bump the idle up to 900 rpms for my lightweight flywheel. It idles nicely at 750 and never stalls.

Plus I have traction control!

All that, and it makes more power than the 413 ever did!
      I'm definitely going to need some help from you for tuning when i am building my megasquirt. IIRC you said i should get MS3 w/ MSx.

Side note: I saw how he had his megasquirt hooked up and it was the bees knees. Could literally just unplug it from his and plug it into another car. His car ran smoother than a lot of regular 413 swaps.
      1989 E30 Zinnoberrot Vert 325i OBD1 S52 turbo;IP

Comment

Really wish I was able to check it out when I was in Washington last month :( Forgot he lived up there...

Comment

More dyno data... the S50-S52-M54 comparo!

These are two other cars that ran during the dyno day. I've included the known mods.
          Attached Files

Comment

Wow, the torque difference is huge! Nicely done :up:

edit: I'd be curious to see the dyno overlaps on 100% stock motors too. Not that you can provide it, but it would be fun to see.
            Last edited by CorvallisBMW; 04-19-2012, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Yea that torque is sexy, + aluminum block = perfect swap.

Comment

Love this. Just decided what I need to do with the motor sitting on my shelf. Now to piece it all together....

Thanks so much for paving the way for this

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                Bluebird Bus Conversion
                New Oregon Trail

Comment

I love this thread, so much great info.

I may have missed it but how did you plumb the 2 smaller coolant hoses? The one that returns from the heater and the other (under the manifold?). What coolant reservoir and radiator did you end up using?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dirtysix View Post
                    I love this thread, so much great info.

I may have missed it but how did you plumb the 2 smaller coolant hoses? The one that returns from the heater and the other (under the manifold?). What coolant reservoir and radiator did you end up using?

This might be what you're looking for.

Comment

Thanks mate, did find both of those.

More wondering what he did with the other ends ha.
                      sigpic

Comment

Damnit.. This thread makes me wish I had kept my M54B30 for my E30!

Comment

hi can anyone help me im thinking ov coverting my e30 into m54 auto, i dont have much skills in converting looms and ecu's was wondering if icould use the complete loom as i have the full donor car

Comment

Originally posted by dickos330 View Post
                            hi can anyone help me im thinking ov coverting my e30 into m54 auto, i dont have much skills in converting looms and ecu's was wondering if icould use the complete loom as i have the full donor car
                            At some point you'll need to integrate e30 wiring with e46; I'm sure it might be possible to use the e46 loom but if you don't have the skill to convert looms you probably can't do it.

Comment

Any luck out there yet with unlocking the stock dme?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

This build is the epitome of badassery

Forget having an s54 forcing the e30 chassis to lug its massive weight around like a fat lard riding a tricycle. 265HP out of a N/A engine that weighs two 15lbs dumbells more than a stock m20 is...... Unbelievable...

Almost like the m54 was made with the e30 in mind. I have you subbed and bookmarked sir, and will definitely be referencing you (hopefully) in the future

Kinda curious as well as to how all the OBC sensors function after the swap readin the m54 performance; MPG, average MPH, etc. Econogauge and everything still reading right?
                                Last edited by JinormusJ; 02-19-2013, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X