No announcement yet.

iX wheel thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanna run a enkei rpf1 15x7 et35 will this work? If so What would my tire size options be? I like to be as wide as possible

Comment

that should work with a 205/55 or 205/50 no problem. a 225/50 would also probably work but you'll have to roll the rear fender and trim the underside of the flare.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I know this isn't the right tread for this question but for those running h&r springs on uncut front strut tubes how bad is the ride? Should I just get the fab work done and do it right the first time or slap some springs on it and enjoy the looks and slight performance gains to comfort loss?

Comment

you don't cut the tubes for H&R sports. at least, it wouldn't really make sense to. Bilstien HDs with shortened bump stops or Koni SAs will work just fine with H&R sports for the ix.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

jumping back a couple posts, the trailing arm discussions had me scratching my head..and panicking a little because of some parts i had grabbed

the trailing arms are the same

i think difference between the cars i/iX/m3 is the hub flange having different thickness

Comment

iX wheel thread

Originally posted by TOAST View Post
              jumping back a couple posts, the trailing arm discussions had me scratching my head..and panicking a little because of some parts i had grabbed

the trailing arms are the same

i think difference between the cars i/iX/m3 is the hub flange having different thickness

just did all of my rear bushings and can confirm you are correct. The subframe bushings are different too.

anybody else run e46 steelies on their ix or am i the first? 225/45/17

Last edited by ScHpAnKy; 04-16-2014, 07:22 PM.

91 318i | 87 535iS

Comment

Hey guys, I'm bumping this because I'm buying some wheels from like 1000mi away and I wanna make sure they'll fit.
                I've read pretty much the entire thread, but I can never completely understand offset and wheel fitment.
                I'm currently running 16" BBS RC et 35 (I've tried 14x6 et38 and they barely cleared the caliper) with 205 tires and they fit fine. Almost completely flush in the front and a little bit tuck in the read.

The wheels that I'm buying are 15xX and et20. BBS RS reps.
                The thing is they guy haven't told me the width of the rim yet, but I've already asked so I'll have that number soon. What width should they have to fit?
                I don't mind running skinny tires (195), pretty much every car in my country runs those so they're easy to find and -relatively- cheap to replace.

Comment

ET20 is too low. even if they are a 7", they will still rub even with narrow tires.

seems like too much fuss for rep wheels IMO

caliper clearance has basically nothing to do with offset, but more with the construction of the wheel.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Nando, I know you've been thinking about it, but how do you think clearance would be on a 15x9 +36?

Tire would be a 225/50 r888 most likely.
                    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

it will definitely rub the front struts.

you'd have to play with spacers - I'd use washers to set them up and then have spacers made to fit (42draftdesigns are really nice). I'd guess ET20-25 or so for the front and maybe ET25-30 for the rear.

personally I'd go with a 15x8 as that will be far easier to fit, ET30 or so would be about ideal, but given how tight it is I'd use an ET35 and adjust with spacers. a stud kit is a must IMO so there's really nothing to worry about with spacers. my summer wheels aren't even hubcentric.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                        it will definitely rub the front struts.

you'd have to play with spacers - I'd use washers to set them up and then have spacers made to fit (42draftdesigns are really nice). I'd guess ET20-25 or so for the front and maybe ET25-30 for the rear.

personally I'd go with a 15x8 as that will be far easier to fit, ET30 or so would be about ideal, but given how tight it is I'd use an ET35 and adjust with spacers. a stud kit is a must IMO so there's really nothing to worry about with spacers. my summer wheels aren't even hubcentric.
                        That's kind of what I was thinking. And yep, my Mustang days taught me that spacers were fine: Wheel Spacers Are Safe- Written By a Professional

If I can finish convincing myself, I'll finally place my order for these. They have 15x8 +36 and 15x9 +36 so it's a hard choice.

1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                        1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Looking to put 15x7.5 et25 Ronal LSs on my 325ix with a 205/55-15 tire. From what I found they should be really close to fitting, but was hoping someone could chime in? I'm planning to trim/roll the fenders a little, but don't want to modify too much.

Comment

Offset is a bit too low. It is likely they will rub out back.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by ScHpAnKy View Post
                              just did all of my rear bushings and can confirm you are correct. The subframe bushings are different too.

anybody else run e46 steelies on their ix or am i the first? 225/45/17

Those are sweet! How'd you get those to fit?

Comment

Originally posted by slc325ix View Post
                                Those are sweet! How'd you get those to fit?

thx! :) I wanted to be original and try something nobody else has on an ix, just 20mm/25mm spacers, rear isnt rolled but it eventually should be for hard launches, another pic below (dont mind the missing tails)
                                Last edited by ScHpAnKy; 07-03-2014, 02:37 PM.

91 318i | 87 535iS

Comment

Working...
                                X