No announcement yet.

iX wheel thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A freshly painted set of 15x7 OEM ix weaves with 15mm spacers looks great.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
      A freshly painted set of 15x7 OEM ix weaves with 15mm spacers looks great.
      Those would look good. The only reason why i am pushing the issue with 16x8 ET25 is because there are so many wheel options this size. Im not much on the "stanced" look on cars anymore but I might Do something like this to get the wheels like that I really want. If I decide to go through with making this work in a professional manner I will definitely post up what I did to get it to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
        I am still running stock wheels so I don’t have any personal experience, but I have saved this from earlier in this thread. (Don’t remember who said it, probably nando)

Generally, depending on tire size of course:
        7" wheels - ET25-ET40 (ET25 is pushing it)
        7.5" wheels - ET30-ET35
        8" wheels - ET30 (+/-2mm or so - they are a tight fit).

9" wheels are never going to fit an ix properly (that is, not stick out 1" past the fenders), unless you do stupid things with "stance" and camber and undersized tires. Thankfully that seems to have finally died out a bit..
        Quoted for future reference

Comment

Also it seems depending on what wheels you are trying to put on the car some may not fit depending on whether they clear the brakes or not. So how are you supposed to know what will actually work on the car?

Comment

Brake clearance is rarely a problem. If they clear a RWD car, they'll fit the ix.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

ETA... NVM because I didn't check RealOEM first
              Last edited by The Dark Side of Will; 11-25-2018, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Uh. No, the fronts use exactly the same parts. Only the rear brakes are different, and only the rotors due to the deeper ebrake drums.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

phew i was definitely googling rotor fitment for a second there
                  cars beep boop

Comment

Okay, I was just checking because I know some guys who bought Rota wheels (mainly FWD cars) had issues with their wheels clearing the brakes so they had to run spacers in the front to clear the brakes. I am looking at the JNC001 ET25 so idk if anyone can shed some light on this.

Comment

Lower offsets generally means more clearance, not less.

Stock 325ix 15x7 offset is ET41.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Any good alpina rep wheels in 16x7 et25? Or any other cool wheels in that size?

Comment

7" wide, et25 wheels do not really fit an ix. Not unless you like constant rubbing.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Ok so ET30 then

Comment

There were Kopi Alpinas, but I don't know if they even make those anymore - most were 17x7.5 IIRC, but I think they did some 16x7s.

Is abrahamsmotorsports still a thing?
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                                There were Kopi Alpinas, but I don't know if they even make those anymore - most were 17x7.5 IIRC, but I think they did some 16x7s.

Is abrahamsmotorsports still a thing?
                                I did look up that website but i dont see anymore wheels on there.

Comment

Working...
                                X