• nando
    replied
    Even in peices it looks great! :)

So, who will be done next? Will, or me? lol

Leave a comment:

• Nisse Järnet
    replied
    Thanks!
    Haha cool :D Tc lock will probably be more useful with the 2,8 motor :)

Almost back together

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    Originally posted by Nisse Järnet View Post
    Just took the car for a spin, seems to work great :D Just have to finish the exhaust and fix a vacuum leak..and put all the body parts back on :P

Awesome! Congrats!

Yeah, even with a blown TC, an iX leaves hard. I dropped the clutch on my totally stock 190+k mile '88 with blown TC VC from about 5000 RPM and it just left three 6" long black marks and moved.

Leave a comment:

• Nisse Järnet
    replied
    Originally posted by iXguido View Post
    well done! can't wait to see the boost cranked up :D how are you liking your brake setup? and how is your transfer case working with your custom switch?
    Me neither :D
    Its working great! Haven't pushed the brakes too hard yet but so far I love them!
    Tc works great too, with this low power level I don't even need to lock it, 4500 rpm launch control and no wheel spin at all :)

Leave a comment:

• iXguido
    replied
    well done! can't wait to see the boost cranked up :D how are you liking your brake setup? and how is your transfer case working with your custom switch?

Leave a comment:

• Nisse Järnet
    replied
    Short pull @ 0,3 bar boost...slow :P But it works! More to come :)
    BMW E30 325ix M50 turbo test: https://youtu.be/NGD6IPH0Yis

Leave a comment:

• Nisse Järnet
    replied
    Just took the car for a spin, seems to work great :D Just have to finish the exhaust and fix a vacuum leak..and put all the body parts back on :P

Leave a comment:

• Nisse Järnet
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
    With the number of hubs to choose from, there should be at least one that makes the rotor/parking brake combo work.

*I* think it's cool too, but the benefit is probably marginal unless you're some Swedish nut pushing over 750 AWHP. ;)
    Yeah think so too, there's also different rotors but i wanted this size to match my fronts. But i dont think ~2mm less hand brake engagement makes that big of a difference :)

Haha yeah that might be true :D

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    Originally posted by Nisse Järnet View Post
    Yes, but the brake shoes stick out about 2-3mm. Dont think that matters much but if you really want im sure you can space out the brake shield the same amount. Or choose a diffrent hub.

Thats cool :D
    With the number of hubs to choose from, there should be at least one that makes the rotor/parking brake combo work.

*I* think it's cool too, but the benefit is probably marginal unless you're some Swedish nut pushing over 750 AWHP. ;)

Leave a comment:

• Nisse Järnet
    replied
    Originally posted by iXguido View Post
    Do those rotors work with the e30 parking brake?
    Yes, but the brake shoes stick out about 2-3mm. Dont think that matters much but if you really want im sure you can space out the brake shield the same amount. Or choose a diffrent hub.
    The '03-'05 Caddy CTS also uses the Getrag 260, but has a different gearset:
    3.58/2.04/1.34 vs. 3.82/2.20/1.40 for the BMW units.

Now I need an excuse to use a Getrag 260 with 24V in an iX so I can build a three-component frankentrans.
    Thats cool :D

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    The '03-'05 Caddy CTS also uses the Getrag 260, but has a different gearset:
    3.58/2.04/1.34 vs. 3.82/2.20/1.40 for the BMW units.

Now I need an excuse to use a Getrag 260 with 24V in an iX so I can build a three-component frankentrans.

Leave a comment:

• iXguido
    replied
    Do those rotors work with the e30 parking brake?

Leave a comment:

• Nisse Järnet
    replied
    Was wondering when you were going to stop posting those stupid E46's :P

Nice brakes. What did they come from?
    Haha yeah more E30! :D

Z4 3.0si rotors, E39 540i touring aluminum calipers with custom adapters. Have to get aluminum calipers for the front as well...the rears is stupid light compare to the front :P
    (Hub is E36 323ti btw)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X