X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nisse Järnet
    replied
    The E53 uses a open tc just like E46. (But with a chain instead of gears)

I think the E53 3,07 only applies to 3.0d manual, that's where mine came from atleast :)

Leave a comment:

• stonea
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
    Do you have a plan for electronics to control the T-case lockup?

EDIT: Front diff availability was a strong influence in my decision to go with a TR6060 for my swap. The E53 3.0d vehicles had a 3.07 front end with a "large pinion" case, but those were not sold in the US market. The E46 330xd went as far down as 2.35 with a manual transmission.

However, with the 260 available to you, you're looking at better options than I was.
    I talked to Nisse on Facebook and he said it wasn't to hard to wire up. I'm just going for a simple on/off switch. The 3.07 diff actually changes the game up. I talked to the guys on a X5 forum and they told me it was only 3.64 and 4.10. I really wanted a 3.15, but a 3.07 wouldn't be the worst idea.

*It also appears the 3.0 Z3 came with a 3.07 Torsen Diff

Originally posted by nando View Post
    if he's using an E53 t-case I'd think you'd want to use it's computer too?
    I'm not Sweedish so I'm trying to keep things relatively simple, lol.

doesn't the E53 have a locking transfer case? It was after the E46 - the Xdrive system came out sometime after that.
    If the x5 does have a locking transfer case and it can be wired as simple as an on/off switch this too might change my plan completely. If I could get a 6 speed that would just be icing on the cake.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    doesn't the E53 have a locking transfer case? It was after the E46 - the Xdrive system came out sometime after that.

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    I don't think anyone's taking about the E53 T-case. If you could hack the E53 traction control module and use it to control the latter ABS, that might be interesting for off-road uses. I don't think anyone wants to use brake-based traction control in an on-pavement performance application, though.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    if he's using an E53 t-case I'd think you'd want to use it's computer too?

Originally posted by stonea View Post
    Absolutely!
    I'll see if I can get a quote on that. Could you PM me your address?

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    Originally posted by stonea View Post
    I really wanted to use the Zf with the 525ix stuff, but if I can't get anything other than the 3.64 ratio I might just stick with the 260.
    Do you have a plan for electronics to control the T-case lockup?

EDIT: Front diff availability was a strong influence in my decision to go with a TR6060 for my swap. The E53 3.0d vehicles had a 3.07 front end with a "large pinion" case, but those were not sold in the US market. The E46 330xd went as far down as 2.35 with a manual transmission.

However, with the 260 available to you, you're looking at better options than I was.
    Last edited by The Dark Side of Will; 07-21-2015, 04:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• iXguido
    replied
    weichers sport... it's been around for ages. I think Bavauto sells it with their branding on it.

M3 bars will not fit. the only reason they might have a "different" bar is because of the engine, the basic chassis of the E30 M3 is identical to the standard E30.
    I checked for it on their website the other day and it was gone. It was on there for years though.

Leave a comment:

• stonea
    replied
    Absolutely!

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    I think I have a 3.23 R&P from an E46. it's got some dings in it, but it could be used for mock up. I'd like to be rid of it - want it for the cost of shipping?

Leave a comment:

• stonea
    replied
    Yep, e53 oil pan and diff.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    using what diff/oil pan? E53?

Leave a comment:

• stonea
    replied
    525ix comes with a 3.38. With a ZF it's similar to a G260 and a 4.10.

3.64 and ZF would be horrible together! that would work on a 6 speed.

I keep going back and forth on whether I want a taller ratio or not with my G260. it's not like I DD it or drive it long distances. The short gearing is a blast around town and on back roads. 3.91 would still be plenty short, but I already have good working 4.10s.. and with a 7500rpm redline, it would be fine.
    I was thinking a 3.23 with the Zf, if the e46 gears in a e53 works out. If not I think I do the G260 with the 3.64.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    525ix comes with a 3.38. With a ZF it's similar to a G260 and a 4.10.

3.64 and ZF would be horrible together! that would work on a 6 speed.

I keep going back and forth on whether I want a taller ratio or not with my G260. it's not like I DD it or drive it long distances. The short gearing is a blast around town and on back roads. 3.91 would still be plenty short, but I already have good working 4.10s.. and with a 7500rpm redline, it would be fine.

Leave a comment:

• stonea
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
    Also, I have no clue about the ring gear bolt torque procedure, or where to get the bolts. That difficulty can probably be fudged though.

I have an E46 3.23 front diff on the shelf.
    3.64 is a decent ratio for use with the Getrag 260, which can work with the 24V engines with the right front case.
    I really wanted to use the Zf with the 525ix stuff, but if I can't get anything other than the 3.64 ratio I might just stick with the 260.

Leave a comment:

• Nisse Järnet
    replied
    I got the Weichers aluminum bar :)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X