Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to install a killer stereo for $500 (loads of pics)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infinity Reference 1262w 12-Inch 1200-Watt

+

Planet Audio AC1800.5

sub is DVC wired in parallel to get a 2 ohm load on 5th channel.

Comment

That amp does run warm

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Just made an order for a 10 inch lukebox! Can't wait to get this system hooked up!

Comment

Originally posted by Divbetic View Post
          Just made an order for a 10 inch lukebox! Can't wait to get this system hooked up!
          You should have it by now, right?

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
            You should have it by now, right?
            Yep! Have to say, it's a gorgeous box. Just waiting to get some more money for a Kicker cvr and kicker 300.1 amp!

Comment

Got my 10" box the other day and it's pretty impressive. Loaded it up with an Alpine type R and have been listening to it in the garage. My only complaint is now I guess I'm going to have to buy another one for the car because I'm diggin' the tunes in the garage ...

Comment

Originally posted by iflytii View Post
                Got my 10" box the other day and it's pretty impressive. Loaded it up with an Alpine type R and have been listening to it in the garage. My only complaint is now I guess I'm going to have to buy another one for the car because I'm diggin' the tunes in the garage ...
                I play my car's stereo in the garage all the time, but I'm always running a battery charger to keep my battery topped up

Luke makes specific to garage ones??????????????????
                -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                Originally posted by roguetoaster
                Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                  I play my car's stereo in the garage all the time, but I'm always running a battery charger to keep my battery topped up

Luke makes specific to garage ones??????????????????
                  That sounds like a potential product idea to me! The Luke Garage Box!

Comment

Originally posted by iflytii View Post
                    That sounds like a potential product idea to me! The Luke Garage Box!
                    Could make it have spots for tweeters and midbass as well as a sub all integrated into a single box or something... The Luke BoomBox:rofl:

Would powering something like that be as simple as a inverter or computer powersupply?
                    -Christian

Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Justin had a prototype ... I keep trying to buy it from them ... "It's not ready, blah blah blah...."
                      Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Love what you do Luke. It is a art. I will get some stuff from you eventually. BTW, I think Matty is headed back for a visit soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                          Could make it have spots for tweeters and midbass as well as a sub all integrated into a single box or something... The Luke BoomBox:rofl:

Would powering something like that be as simple as a inverter or computer powersupply?
                          Yea. You could use an old PC power supply. Wouldn't be the best, but it would work as a garage boom box! Add a cheap $10 bluetooth and you have a fun set up. Do it! I'd totally buy one! I need something for the shop - and would love to support the cause!
                          Originally posted by Matt-B
                          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                            Yea. You could use an old PC power supply. Wouldn't be the best, but it would work as a garage boom box! Add a cheap $10 bluetooth and you have a fun set up. Do it! I'd totally buy one! I need something for the shop - and would love to support the cause!
                            George Graves has spoken! Make it so Luke!
                            Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Make it so you could hang it from the ceiling or up high against the wall so it doesn't take up any floor or shelf space:up:
                              -Christian

Comment

Hey so i am thinking about picking up a Pioneer DEH-X6700BT really soon as my e30 came without a head unit. Probably slowly piece together what you got going on here. Would i need a wire harness for this unit?
                                Current:
                                13 Mitsubishi Evo X
                                91 BMW 325IX

Past:
                                86 BMW 325es
                                09 Subaru WRX

Comment

Working...
                                X