Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Favorite $30 Mod so far...(keyless entry)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did this last week. took me 10 minutes to wire up and 1 hour to find my soldering iron. I solder stuff because its such a clean installation. product works great! I took my 12v from the power antenna.

Comment

Rather than wiring the module to the battery with an inline fuse, you could also wire it to the 12V power wire to the antenna (the constant-hot one). That is already fused, and pretty easy to get to. Hell, I am going to install the REC-43T under/next to it with a custom bracket that uses the antenna mounting points.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Which part of the antenna? I tried wiring it to where the antenna wires are held in by the bolt but had no such luck.

Oh also, I'm a moron.
        '87 325i "Chewey" (RIP, my beloved)
        current:
        '01 e46 325iT "Dot" - #datwagonlife
        '87 e30 325i "Tui" - she has her mother's eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
          Agreed... T-taps are the devil.
          Agreed. I had a 280z that the PO used one of these to pull power to fuel pump from another circuit. It took me forever to figure it out because it was so intermittent.

Comment

What do you guys think of this one?

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
            VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner Sam23 View Post
              I did this last week. took me 10 minutes to wire up and 1 hour to find my soldering iron. I solder stuff because its such a clean installation. product works great! I took my 12v from the power antenna.
              sam can you do me a favor and tell me the 4 3 position pins are placed?

Thanks
              L
              sigpic
              New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
              %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
                What do you guys think of this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Remote-Central-L...ht_3712wt_1139
                Pretty cool, but don't know if I like the whole VW look.

Comment

Ok, just have a few more myteries to solve and I'm done:

-Anybody know how the 4 pin switches need to be configured? (for basic operation)

-Where the hell do I connect the 3 pin wires? (the blue and green)
                  current:

Comment

Installed a REC-43T in my girls E30 last month. super easy to install and works great.
                    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

So, does anyone want to buy a REC-43T from me? I have no idea why, but I just received 2 MORE of the units last night. I think that maybe I messed up & clicked the "Submit" button twice when I bought them. I have no need for these, so if anyone wants them they can take them for $30 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 states.

I'll get some pics of my install up soon. They are super easy to put in (I installed it under my power antenna & pulled power from it too), super clean & work great.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

I can't seem to figure out why mine won't work. I've got all the wiring properly set up, I've got 12v power from the antenna. I pushed the programming switch and did all the proper button setups...everything was blinking and chirping properly...yet I still can't get the damn thing to work.

Does anybody have any ideas why the he'll mine is the only one that won't freaking work?
                        current:

Comment

I just bought this one today for my M3. Few guys on S14 say it works great and it is cheap.

Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends
                          88 M3 Diamantschwarz
                          89 M3 Zinnoberrot
                          56 Isetta

LIKE ARCHIE'S on Facebook!
                          www.facebook.com/archiesicecream

Comment

Ok, you know I love you guys right? But so far, the only thing anyone has to say on this forum is how cheap the REC is, how easy it was to install, and how much they love it.

Meanwhile, I seem to be having a real problem figuring out how to get mine to work, been posting up questions and requesting advice for days, and so far nobody has had anything to say.

I'm sorry, I'm just losing my patience with this damn thing, and I need freaking help!

The only possible reason I can think of is that there is a problem with the central locking system's wiring in a place that isn't visible. Other than that, I don't know what I could be doing wrong. I followed all the directions, wired everything up properly, programming the transmitter properly, and yet, still no worky.

AAAARRRRGHGGG!!!!
                            current:

Comment

Anyone got the pictures saved?

Comment

Anyone install an alarm with starter kill, but no keyless?

Im interested in this...very interested as I've already rebuilt my drivers door lock (double locking works awesome!)

thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                                X