Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Favorite $30 Mod so far...(keyless entry)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RitchiE30
    ..in order to get the keyless system working I must first correct the central locking problem. Right?
    Right. Correct.

Will cutting the red/black wires lead to the keyless system not working if I install it.
    (assuming that in addition to cutting the wires – you also reconnect them with door loop eliminated) One way to answer your question would be to say that removing the “door loop” has no effect on a fully functioning central locking system – let alone a properly installed keyless system.

The modification to the red/black wires will cure 90% of locking faults..
    i.e. if you have current faults (such as you describe), then checking door plug for corrosion and performing the “red/black-wire mod” are your first logical steps.

Not very sexy – but here’s what my work looked like

Corrosion in the door plug and that red/black "door loop" wire cause the most faults. After that, check the central locking brain box as well as door actuators for anything suspicious. Assuming everything looks/appears sound, then I'd move on to replacing the central locking brain box.
    -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

K9 Mundial Trouble

I have a 1991 325ix e30 and i recently bought a K9 Mundial 4 keyless + alarm system. I followed the guide on this forum and for some reason I am still having trouble unlocking/locking. I have attached the BLUE to the car's green/purple and GREEN to the car's green/black. When I click the unlock/lock on the keyless switch, the system clicks but the car does not lock/unlock. We manually tested by grounding out each cable and the car DOES lock/unlock. We are thinking that the k9 mundial board is not properly grounding out the cables because we always have a constant voltage on one cable and 0v on the other.

Has any one else had any of these issues before? What do you guys recommend that we do?

In addition, the YELLOW is linked to the GREEN ignition switch

Comment

@ Simon S thanks for all the great answers, you cleared up alot for me!

Comment

I installed this system 2 weeks ago. it works, but it does not respond right away, I have to press the button couple of times to ake it work, and i have to be within 5 feet from the car. I know there is a little wheel for adjustment on the system, but i don't know what it does.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Simon S View Post
            (assuming that in addition to cutting the wires – you also reconnect them with door loop eliminated) One way to answer your question would be to say that removing the “door loop” has no effect on a fully functioning central locking system – let alone a properly installed keyless system.
            "you also reconnect them with door loop eliminated"

im very unsure about this step, after cutting the red/black wires what do I do?

Comment

Just installed the REC43T+ (not sure if the + dictates a newer model) in the trunk of my '88 325is. Pretty straight forward and it only took about 20 minutes to install. I wasnt worried about trying to get blinking lights, interior dome lights, or audible alerts when the car locks or unlocks. I was just tired of going to the trunk to lock and unlock the car. Only downside is that one of my remotes isnt working.

Comment

Originally posted by RitchiE30 View Post
                "you also reconnect them with door loop eliminated"

im very unsure about this step, after cutting the red/black wires what do I do?
                You need to (1) cut the two red/black wires where the go into the driver side A-pillar connector from the body side of the harness, and (2) solder/crimp them together. Hence, reconnecting them with the door loop eliminated, running 12v straight to the relay & control unit.
                Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by woc View Post
                  I installed this system 2 weeks ago. it works, but it does not respond right away, I have to press the button couple of times to ake it work, and i have to be within 5 feet from the car. I know there is a little wheel for adjustment on the system, but i don't know what it does.
                  Did you ever figure this out?
                  My 91 has the stock keyless entry system.

If I'm too close to the car it will activate the alarm but not lock the doors.
                  I have to be at least 10 feet away for it to lock and activate the alarm together.

I figure, it may need a fine tuning with it's radio signal.
                  Since of course it's not IR, (like newer cars).

Probably something inside that has a dial or rheostat.

Comment

Just installed this http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/228660809.html and wired it according to their diagram for negative trigger. I can press the lock button and it will lock then press the unlock button and it does nothing but when I press the lock button again it will unlock the car. Anyone know how to fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by SedanSandwich View Post
                      Just installed this http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/228660809.html and wired it according to their diagram for negative trigger. I can press the lock button and it will lock then press the unlock button and it does nothing but when I press the lock button again it will unlock the car. Anyone know how to fix this?
                      I don't see the problem.
                      At least that's how my system works (one button for lock/unlock).
                      So if you can live with that then it's doing what is suppose to do.

Comment

is the e30 key a HAA type?

looking at this.

RIP 84 323i coupe 5spd w/ 14psi
                        89' 318i

Comment

Great Mod., Great write up.

Just installed the REC43 keyless entry on my 91 318is.
                          Great little modification and it saves the key lock cylinder.
                          Great cheap modification.
                          Thanks,
                          Stan

Comment

I got one without the blades, piece of cake to install, also wired in the flashing lights by connecting the 2 indicators with 2 diodes.
                            RIP 84 323i coupe 5spd w/ 14psi
                            89' 318i

Comment

Picked up the $15 one that's floating all over ebay right now, I had my doubts but it's been working amazingly for the past 2 months. And I figure if I do fry the interal relays or traces, a new one is $15 and will plug right in. I could also run some external relays if I deem if necessary, there's plenty of room.

If you get it, be sure to follow their wiring diagram for a "negative trigger" as the e30 locks working by grounding specific wires (one for lock and one for unlock)

In conclusion: For $15, you'd be stupid not to do it

My Transaction Feedback
                              My "build" thread
                              BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

Originally posted by saturnv7890 View Post
                                Picked up the $15 one that's floating all over ebay right now, I had my doubts but it's been working amazingly for the past 2 months. And I figure if I do fry the interal relays or traces, a new one is $15 and will plug right in. I could also run some external relays if I deem if necessary, there's plenty of room.

If you get it, be sure to follow their wiring diagram for a "negative trigger" as the e30 locks working by grounding specific wires (one for lock and one for unlock)

In conclusion: For $15, you'd be stupid not to do it

Link?
                                IG: @_j.wn

Comment

Working...
                                X