This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimR View Post
    Can't read this whole post so yes or no, E30 M3 springs on a Vert.
    I have M3 springs on my 318ic. I like the comfy ride. I also installed 15mm drop hats since m42 is lighter.

Comment

I'm going to do the E30 M3 SB link mod so that will stiffen the front it a little, if i did a slam i could not get in and out of the neighborhood.

Comment

I finally got out and test-drove the convertible yesterday with my 450/600 GC coils. It's running Bilstein Sports with 2/3 of the bumpstops removed, Kmac camber plates, strut bar and lower x-brace.

Holy SHIT, the car has never driven or felt this good as long as I've owned it. It's no more stiff than the Eibach Prokit junk I tried on last year and probably more comfortable than the H&R convertible springs.

I'M IN LOVE with the GC setup. Two thumbs wwaaayyy fucking up :up: :up:

Pics to come as soon as the rain stops :(

Comment

Just got her back a few days ago and im sure she'll settle in a bit more.

Bilstein Sports
          HR vert springs
          15mm drop hats
          Spring pads still in

Comment

what does stock springs and just the drophats up front look like? any pics?

Comment

My new setup:

GC 450/600
              Kmac camber plates
              Bilstien sport shocks with 2/3 bumpstops removed
              17x7 Kopi wheels on 205/45r17 tires
              M3 offset CABs
              fully adjustable rear suspension
              lower x-brace, upper strut brace

Comment

That is a very nice car sir.

Cheers,

Jim
                sigpic

Comment

I currently have Bavauto springs and Billie sports and the front is way to stiff, and low. Any comparisons between Bavauto vs. H&R Sports?

Comment

H&R coupes on a vert

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
                    try to ignore the angle but focus in on the wheel distance. Both of my cars have coupe H&R sports, with all pads in, and 15mm drophats. There is a difference between models.

Are you pretty happy with the H&R coupes springs on the vert? Does the Rear bottom out at all?

Comment

Originally posted by mthaynes View Post
                      I currently have Bavauto springs and Billie sports and the front is way to stiff, and low. Any comparisons between Bavauto vs. H&R Sports?
                      From the general consensus, I hear that Bav auto springs are actually HR sports but just painted different color. Bav won't admit this. Also the Sport Billy's ride about 10mm lower then billy HD's but are valved the same.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brickwhite View Post
                        Are you pretty happy with the H&R coupes springs on the vert? Does the Rear bottom out at all?
                        I am happy with the ride setup. It has never bottomed out. I only wish the front was about 20mm lower for my taste.

COTM

Comment

1992 318ic
                          Bilstein Touring + M3 Springs + 15mm drophats

Comment

Which provides more drop on a 318, HR Race or M3 springs?

Comment

I dont think there is a h&r race springs for 318ic. You may try the suspension techniques springs for 318ic

Comment

Originally posted by aworthybrother View Post
                                1992 318ic
                                Bilstein Touring + M3 Springs + 15mm drophats

your car looks great. very nice streetable car
                                [sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X