X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phenryiv1 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^
    Looks good. Slightly more gap than I would want but it looks very clean and is probably both practical and comfortable for daily driving.
    Agreed. E90 drop hats would net another 1/2" or so without affecting ride quality ;)

Comment

Nevermind, I just realized OE's aren't for cabrio's. Looks like some Cabrio H&R's and billy sports in my future. . .
      Last edited by Mwishlist; 07-11-2014, 02:14 PM.
      Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

Little help please

I have a bone stock 325IC. I am planning on running ESM011 15x8 et 20 with 205/50/15's.

I want to lower car using 50407 H&R springs, can I keep my stock Sachs struts and shocks with this? I'm still interested as comfortable a ride as possible. Car is strictly a cruiser/DD.

Thanks
        Bruce
        89 e30 white vert
        88 e30 Red vert
        2003 330i sedan
        2011 E93 335is
        2007 Z4Si (gone)

Comment

Technically you can keep your stock shocks, but it would not be advisable. How low are you looking to go?

Speaking from experience, I can say that my current Ground Control coilover kit is more comfortable than my old H&R/Bilstien combo. My car is also a cruiser, and even with 17" wheels the ride is not at all harsh. It's more expensive, but will get you better results.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
            Technically you can keep your stock shocks, but it would not be advisable. How low are you looking to go?

Speaking from experience, I can say that my current Ground Control coilover kit is more comfortable than my old H&R/Bilstien combo. My car is also a cruiser, and even with 17" wheels the ride is not at all harsh. It's more expensive, but will get you better results.
            just wanted to drop 1 to 1.4 as these springs advertise. will I end up with camber issues for that drop?
            89 e30 white vert
            88 e30 Red vert
            2003 330i sedan
            2011 E93 335is
            2007 Z4Si (gone)

Comment

Was thinking of going with some BCs with a 8k/12k spring rate. Does that sound ok? Also where is the best place to pick up BCs now a days?
              1992 318ic

Comment

Does anyone know the part numbers for the M-Tech 2 vert suspension in north america? Realoem lists 2 different part numbers for the springs, 31331131330 and 31331131333.

However, it lists these as "M-Technic only" for the vert, but doing a part numbers search, it also lists them as being used on a ton of other cars. 325e, etc.

Are the M-Technic springs a myth, with the only difference being the rear sway for the factory upgraded suspension?
                Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                A Topless Memorandum

Comment

annoyed with rear camber lately. some of your cars it seems like less of an issue for the low height but maybe it's the camera
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                  If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

this will help, Riser subframe bushings, just picked up a set, add adjustable TA bushings to corrected even further, as camber increase so does toe-in. ... http://www.condorspeedshop.com/colle...-bushings-uhmw

Comment

i'm already using those actually.
                      In the spring I'll just go for the weld-on camber+toe correction. It seems the only way to nail it.
                      sigpic
                      If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

Did you try K-Mac eccenttic TA bushings ? I like them, have yhem maxed out so hoping that Condor's risers will give me just enough to be near normal.

Comment

I have not tried any eccentrics yet.. any issues with them going out of adjustment?
                          sigpic

Comment

Eccentrics have been known to go out of adjustment. The weld-in kits can slip as well, but it's less of a problem, you can tack weld the bolt in place once you have the correct alignment dialed in.

There's also the Ireland Engineering Posi-Lock kit that looks promising. It looks a lot harder to arrive at the correct settings, but once you have it set they don't look like they will slip at all.

For any of the RTAB kits, you might need to cut away some of the subframe bushing and modify a wrench so you can reach the adjustment while it's on the car. I aligned mine with the subframe off of the car, wheels installed, and the subframe supported on a block of wood to simulate the ride height of the car. 100% worthwhile mod, but it requires a bit of effort to make it worthwhile. Go enjoy more rear grip and better tire life.
                            Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                            A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Here's my 87 325ic on M3 springs and Bilstein tourings. Very pleased with the ride height and handling!

Comment

Question here regarding a full rear suspension rebuild with all stock rubber parts. I replaced all the bushings in the rear, new shocks, shock mounts, wheel bearings ETC. Did these cars come with some rear camber built in? Mine still has some camber on the rear. I have heard rumors BMW did this for handling?? Is it true??

Comment

Working...
                                X