X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post # 3 has oem specs ..

Comment

If any of you guys have a set of stock front springs that you are not using please pm me, looking for a set.
      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
        Question here regarding a full rear suspension rebuild with all stock rubber parts. I replaced all the bushings in the rear, new shocks, shock mounts, wheel bearings ETC. Did these cars come with some rear camber built in? Mine still has some camber on the rear. I have heard rumors BMW did this for handling?? Is it true??
        yes. and lowering it only makes the camber higher.. it's usually what i consider "excessive". :/

This spring I'm buying the weld-on tab correction kit. Had enough of it.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
        If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I had heard rumors, but I don't see many IF any maintained cars out here, and the few I have seen are usually lowered. So all I ever see s rear camber. Mine is subtle, and I assumed it was meant to be that way. Now to get under the red car and check out its sub frame bushings.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of the weld-on camber and toe correction kits, I recommend them to anyone who plans on running lower than stock.

Comment

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum but I love E30s!
              I'm actually still kind of new to the scene.

Anyways, my reason for reopening this thread is as follows:

I've done all my research and whatever else, but I still have questions. Yes I've read through this entire thread and looked other places, but I'm still seeking information.

So, I drive a 1992 318i Convertible and am looking to upgrade my suspension. I understand that Eibach no longer makes specific springs for the 318, but still does for the 325. I also understand that the 325 is heavier in the front than the 318.
              My question is this: If I were to purchase an Eibach Pro Kit for the late model (like my 318i) 325i cabrio, with the addition of the 15mm drophats that fit on top of the spring, do you guys think I would be pretty much parallel? How much drop will I lose using 325 springs with my lighter M42 engine?

Thanks so much,

Gabe

Comment

I'm running H&R OE (minimal drop) sport springs and KYB stuts/shocks on a 325i convertible. Ride and handling are great, but I may cut a coil out of the front springs, as it rides a touch too high in the front. It would be worse in a 318 due to the lighter engine.
                "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

Originally posted by funcrew View Post
                  I'm running H&R OE (minimal drop) sport springs and KYB stuts/shocks on a 325i convertible. Ride and handling are great, but I may cut a coil out of the front springs, as it rides a touch too high in the front. It would be worse in a 318 due to the lighter engine.
                  Yeah but I'd be running eibach Pros. Doesn't really answer my question haha

Comment

Bump

Comment

I think that 325 springs with drop hats would get you to a similar ride height as 318 springs, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Luciano36 View Post
                        I just installed (three weeks ago) Eibach Pro springs (for cabrio) and Bilstein Sports all around and I got to say that the combination is just great! The soft springs balance the stiffness of the billies. PLus, I dig the stance (see signature photo). I did not need the E90 drop hats with these springs. Cheers Jeff!
                        Interested in a long term review on this setup.

Comment

Here's my vert... Back is a little low for taste, front could drop a slight amount. I want to take it to do some lapping and be able to cruise comfortably so don't want to drop it on its face.

ST Suspension (shocks and springs)
                          Derlin Offset CABs
                          E90 Hats
                          Spring Pads

Comment

H&R Sport 50407 (cabrio-specific) spring set, with Bilstein Sport struts and e90 drop hats. Wheels are 17x75. with 215/45/17 tires. Offset is 18.

Rear has not settled but I may pull spring pads to even it out. I have never driven it on this setup so it may have room to settle. I also have the trunk gutted and no spare and no 'vert "counterweight" where the battery should be. Getting all of those things back in the car, plus installing my double 8" enclosure from German Audio Specialties should give me a more level stance.
                            Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

1990 325i. Bone stock as of this photo. Except for 195 75 14 BFG All Terrain TA/KO because why not.
                              1990 BMW 325i Cabrio
                              1994 Toyota Pickup
                              2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse (Lady's Headache)
                              Instagram: @papatonymk_e30

Comment

Heres mine!!! Bilstein shocks & struts with H&R springs. Wheels are STR 16x9 +15 wrapped on 195/45/16's. GroundControl coilovers w/ camber plates ordered & on the way. Previous owner put H&R race in rear & H&R sports in the front, front sits hella high.

Comment

Working...
                                X