X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eurospeed
    Werd. They were $1.04 each.

i got them for free:grin:

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta
      i got them for free:grin:
      Congratulations. You didn't get them for free from the dealership, which is where I was talking about.

Comment

nope. not from dealership.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Ok, Im going nuts here. I wired the switch up exactly as pictured from all the DIY stuff that I printed and the only thing I can get to happen is the window goes down. Here is a pic of how they are connected.

WTF am I doing wrong. I used a test light to see where I was getting power. With the key turned and not pressing anything the green/green wire lights up. When I press the switch for the window to go down the greenblue to brown wire lights up. Nothing else lights. Ive tried switching them around a bit and got nothing one time and another time when I turned the key the window just started going up. Im confused. Hep a brotha out! Please??

Comment

Originally posted by vt.bimmer
            Ok, Im going nuts here. I wired the switch up exactly as pictured from all the DIY stuff that I printed and the only thing I can get to happen is the window goes down. Here is a pic of how they are connected.

WTF am I doing wrong. I used a test light to see where I was getting power. With the key turned and not pressing anything the green/green wire lights up. When I press the switch for the window to go down the greenblue to brown wire lights up. Nothing else lights. Ive tried switching them around a bit and got nothing one time and another time when I turned the key the window just started going up. Im confused. Hep a brotha out! Please??
            The links to the wiring diagrams don't work anymore, so I can't look to see if you wired it correctly. Let me check when I get home though, I have the files on my home computer. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver
              The links to the wiring diagrams don't work anymore, so I can't look to see if you wired it correctly. Let me check when I get home though, I have the files on my home computer. :up:
              I would appreciate it. I hooked them up according to the pics on the strictly eta tech write up. Im trying to get this done tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by vt.bimmer
                I would appreciate it. I hooked them up according to the pics on the strictly eta tech write up. Im trying to get this done tomorrow.
                Just so you know, you can't wire them up by wire color because each e36 switch does not use matching color wires.

-Erik

Comment

yeh that write-up confused the shit outta me. heres how it should wired up

Green/Blue = Green
                  Black = Black
                  Blue/Green = Brown
                  Black/Yellow = The other brown
                  Blue = Purple
                  Im going to check the way i wired everything up just to be on the safe side.

I'm pretty sure this is how its supposed to be wired up.
                  IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383
                    yeh that write-up confused the shit outta me. heres how it should wired up

Green/Blue = Green
                    Black = Black
                    Blue/Green = Brown
                    Black/Yellow = The other brown
                    Blue = Purple
                    Im going to check the way i wired everything up just to be on the safe side.

I'm pretty sure this is how its supposed to be wired up.
                    This is correct and SHOULD work. See pic below.

Comment

Actually thats exactly how I have it wired in my pic.

Comment

Originally posted by erik325i
                        Just so you know, you can't wire them up by wire color because each e36 switch does not use matching color wires.

-Erik
                        I have the same exact colors on my blue base switches and e30 harness as the strictly eta write up.

Comment

try reversing the brown wires...and also check the fuses.

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383
                            try reversing the brown wires...and also check the fuses.
                            Hmm, I tried that too. I didnt get a chance to mess around with it today, but I loosely hooked up the old switch to roll up the window and it worked fine. Fuses are OK.
                            Is it possible the switch is fucked?

Comment

that could be a possibilty...i mean if you have everything wired up correctly and the fuse is good. lol i doubt it could be anything else but the switch then..

Comment

If anyone is interested in using the sunroof switch I just put them in. Lights up and works great.
                                E30 - E36
                                Browns - Brown
                                Green - Red
                                Purple - Black
                                Black - Green

Comment

Working...
                                X