No announcement yet.

Shift Lever and Short Shifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just installed the z4 2.5l shift lever at my shop, it is short and quite notchy with a very low knob. i would recomend this lever to everyone, no bending involved

Comment

z4 2.5 recomended muchh!! best with a whalen knob! just put it in this weekend

Comment

where did everyone get their z4 stuff??
        none on ebay
        junkyard??
        Flickr
        Originally posted by Indecline06
        For some reason, when I get super duper ultra stoned... The M30 motor reminds me of big bird from sesame street.

Comment

Originally posted by yberther View Post
          where did everyone get their z4 stuff??
          none on ebay
          junkyard??
          KO performance bretheren. BTW, I have the z4 3.0l and I love it. Very notchy but I like to know when I go into the gear.
          Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
          Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

I need to install the E36 M3 shift lever I've had for a year. I'll report what the change is as it looks fairly similar to the Z3 length.
            '74 2002 - Build blog at
            nomads2002.blogspot.com

Comment

The length beneath the pivot point (the ball) is a good bit shorter on the E36 lever, so it has a good bit more throw than the Z3 shifter(s).

Comment

You can get the Z4 shifter at any dealership and I think that BMA and KO have it. I recommend KO though! :)

Still got my Z4 3.0 to this day...It's so awesome!

The real funny part is that I constantly have people ask, "Whoa! Is that shortened??" Then I'm like...OHHHHHH YA! lol
                - Sean Hayes

Comment

Originally posted by Gray S. View Post
                  I just put in my z3 1.9 shift lever a few minutes ago, and could not for the life of me get the C clip that goes right under the lever on over the selector rod with the yellow washer in place. There just wasn't enough of the selector rod sticking out for both the yellow washer and C clip to fit on it. So I ended up just cleaning the large flat part of the C clip and attaching it to the selector rod without the yellow washer.

Will this do any harm? The clip felt snug on the selector rod, and I cant imagine that the movement of the lever/selector rod mechanism would cause the clip to become loose and fall off. The directions of motion seem too different.

Has anyone else run the clip without the yellow washer? Is it something that is a must have?

I put in my Z3 1.9 lever about a year ago, and vaguely recall having a washer not fit. I think I just chucked it and put everything else back together - no issues since.
                  Aaron

Comment

^^ Same experience here with the M coupe shifter. Just left it out.

Comment

The E36 M3 shift rod looks nearly identical to the Z3 1.9 shift lever. The length is jut about the same. Certainly an improvement over the stock one.
                      '74 2002 - Build blog at
                      nomads2002.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by E30_fiend View Post
                        KO performance bretheren. BTW, I have the z4 3.0l and I love it. Very notchy but I like to know when I go into the gear.
                        awesome going to order mine this weekend :)
                        Flickr
                        For some reason, when I get super duper ultra stoned... The M30 motor reminds me of big bird from sesame street.

Comment

Please let me know if you think this will work:
                          M30 w/ tranny that has old sheet metal console.
                          Pic shifter on far LEFT: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...04&hg=25&fg=05

I replace 8, 9, 10, 12 and instead of 11, I get the 2.5. Would this work?

Comment

what about the $30 short shifters for e30's on ebay??
                            Flickr

Comment

^^ You get what you pay for, I'm sure.

FWIW my oem Z3M shifter cost me $50 and I'm sure the extra $20 pays gets you a lot better quality piece. My two cents.

Comment

Friend bought the $30 shifter, and quality wasn't bad at all. The way it fit though was weird and unimpressive. You can't buy a B&M shifter for $30.

Comment

Working...
                                X