DIY - All Red Taillights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karlspackler View Post

Turns out awesome! One of my favorite things I did and probably one of the cheapest
    I've been debating this mod for a DS car but I couldn't find anybody that had done it on an M3... I totally forgot about your car :up:

I think I will "Just Do It!"
    Rich!

Comment

Finally redoing this. I painted my tails about 2 years ago, but never put automotive clear coat. Will post a picture later of how shitty it looked before I sanded it off

87' is part out

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedMunky View Post
        Hello everyone,

I just have a general question, I have a 1991 318IS and I'm looking for the taillights led tubes with the all-red look to it. The amber part of the taillights are changed to red. Did BMW make any models with that type of taillight stock? Or are they all aftermarket taillights and I have to either order them or go to a wrecker and hope that there's some there?
        Thanks.

-Chad

You can try LED taillights. They work really well
        Last edited by Urnatha; 09-07-2012, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Urnatha View Post
          You can try LED taillights. They work really well
          Way to answer a post from 8 years ago man. LOL
          SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
          IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
          BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by bmwwheelman View Post
            Hey guys,
            I noticed a lot of you are using the Testors paint. And that's what I've been using in the past on my e34 but ended up painting the lights 4 times because it always went hazy. Clear coat or not.

Until I found this,

Restore faded or scratched lenses with this translucent lens coating on tail lights, side markers and motorcycle windshields.

So far I haven't had any problems with it going hazy or anything! It doesn't need a clear coat and looks as close to the factory as it gets!
            I used this as well, multiple times and it looks like a great match. 4 months into the most recent job I did and its still shiny and the color is perfectly matched.

Comment

anybody got pics of how the vht nite-shades turns out? thinking of doing it to my 318is

Comment

Originally posted by 1988montecarloss View Post
                anybody got pics of how the vht nite-shades turns out? thinking of doing it to my 318is
                Here is a picture of mine. I did 3 medium coats and in some weird light angles the amber shines through so I will probably re-do mine with an extra coat.

Comment

Lol I work at vatozone and walked by the vht paint and was like hmm should I try it on the e30

Comment

Heres mine!(NO CLEAR COAT!) its not needed!!
                    Attached Files
                    Originally posted by fronton
                    He must have been staring right the pole, all the way into it. Happens to me playing mariokart every time.
                    sigpic
                    1982 F250 Built 351W-sold
                    1994 325i-sold
                    1987 325es-sold
                    1991 318i Slicktop- work in progress

Comment

Here is my ix With red turn signal ..

Comment

Euro BMW have real all red tails. My cousin bought a set and yes they are real BMW all red taillights.

Comment

I got a demo on mine... I'm sold!

What's the p/n on the euro tails?
                          Rich!

Comment

def gotta leave the reverse part white. all red seems a bit much.

Comment

Originally posted by Bochka916 View Post
                              Euro BMW have real all red tails. My cousin bought a set and yes they are real BMW all red taillights.
                              No.
                              sigpic

STATUS QUO ENGINEERING
                              KÖLN, GERMANY

Comment

Originally posted by CB-M3 View Post
                                def gotta leave the reverse part white. all red seems a bit much.
                                I agree. I think all the amber lenses will be smoked or red.
                                Rich!

Comment

Working...
                                X