No announcement yet.

Water Leaks = Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Front Driver's sunroof drain drains to the rocker panel, but no specific area. I must've poured a gallon down that thing and it just dribbled out the entire rocker panel front to rear, not one specific area. How do I fix this? Is it even possible to access inside the rocker? It's starting to cause some major rust so I gotta fix this before paint next week!!

Comment

i have this passenger side under carpet leak on my vert, can anyone guide me on how to fix it? i have no idea what do to as far as i can think of is to make my own new drain wholes to get rid of it

Comment

So here's a question... say I don't have an "elephant trunk" (it's just not there!) is that going to cause leaking? I have a bad leak from the front passenger side every time I go through a carwash.

Comment

Thank you!!! I just started to have a leak in the back on the floor and have had a trunk leak for months...I think this will solve all that.
          86' 325e

Quote:
          Originally Posted by 02stu
          They're (e30s) very sensible if you never want to get laid by anything other then a college student..on second thought

Comment

Elephant Trunk Drain Hose is Part Number 51731911369

Lots of people have posted here and there looking for the part number of the elephant hose. Since I couldn't find where this is posted anywhere else around here, this thread seems as good as any.

The "elephant trunk" drain hose is part number 51731911369.

\Heater and Air Conditioning \ Collective function group \ Hose pn 51731911369

Thanks Chris325i on bimmerforums for digging this up.

If your system is clogged here, you may have to do more than just removing and cleaning or replacing this part - the system may be clogged immediately upstream as well.

Comment

sorry to bring this up again, but does anyone have pics of the rocker drains..im having the same problem but i just drilled 3 holes on the back floor board to fix it...but i would like to fix the drains and have clean carpets...during the winter i had about a 3 inch solid piece of ice on the passenger side rear floor board...so if anyone can help with a pic of the rocker drains that would be awesome

Comment

^^Pictures please!! This F---ing water leak in my rear passenger side has been driving me bonkers all summer and i can't figure it out. I was about to change my rear windshield gaskets in hopes that mine help. but maybe these rocker drains are teh issue.
                Click here to leave me feedback on our transactions. :p

Comment

mine did this too, check the pop out patchs in the floor boards. This was my problem on both side. take a hose and spray under the car real well and see if it comes up through.

Good luck
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

well i checked my elephant trunk and it was clogged but now i have to find me a damn wire for the sunroof drain and see if its clogged...i did run some compressed air through it but i didnt have the rubber tip on the gun thingy..so ill hvae to find a different way to do it...

Comment

Originally posted by xoneslosentrax View Post
                      well i checked my elephant trunk and it was clogged but now i have to find me a damn wire for the sunroof drain and see if its clogged...i did run some compressed air through it but i didnt have the rubber tip on the gun thingy..so ill hvae to find a different way to do it...
                      Open the sunroof and pour some water into the three or four drains.The water will exit just behind the front tires and behind the rear tire on the driver's side.

http://www.arghon.com/

Comment

I have to chase down my leaks now...
                        1989 US E30 Cammed S52
                        Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

mine is coming from the heater box on the firewall

Comment

Hey so you mentioned a freash air vent leak I thought I was crazy,how do you you fix that?lol

Comment

I have a trunk leak that's eluded me for several months now, I think I'm going to go through it completely this weekend, sunroof drains included.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned door vapor barriers in this whole thread. If you don't have a good seal on the lower part of the barrier, water will just surf over your door gasket and into the foot well. You can typically get proof of this happening by taking your doorcard off and pouring water onto your closed window near the side mirrors or checking the plastic floor sills after a long rain.
                              ReverseOTL.
                              NewParts4sale.
                              PartsWanted.

Comment

if and when you do this use compressed air to clear out the sunroof drain tubes. it works really well... just a tip

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                                Ig:ryno_pzk
                                I like the tuna here.
                                Originally posted by lambo
                                Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Working...
                                X