How to: Vader-e36 seat install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uber E30 View Post
    Sure just shoot me a PM with your email address. Most machine shops (here anyways) will charge the same price as i do though.
    So I just fabricated my own set. I'll post pics if you want. After all the hard work it came out great, but I should have just bought these, I could have saved myself the trouble.
    89' and 94' 325is

Comment

For the record, I've seen Tom's interior in person, and it's stunning. The exterior and the engine bay are too, for that matter.
      Originally posted by LJ851
      I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

thats mechanical engineering right there.

titis i love this.
        Originally posted by e30e
        lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Originally posted by e30serg View Post
          I know welds are strong but cutting and welding the lower seat belt rod scares me....
          Use 70xx rod, 70,000psi even the most extreme accident shouldnt break these welds. If your car decelerated from 150mph to 0 in 1ft this would put an average force of 32,000lbs on your seatbelt, divided by 2(3 point harness assuming the buckle part would take more force than the rest. Would result in an estimated load of 16,000lbs on the welded part(not taking into account the ammount of force absorbed by the nylon seatbelt stretching). IIRC the bar is 1/2in, which leaves 30,000lbs that it can handle without breaking, which leaves a respectable ~2x safety margin. I'd say its pretty safe. Edit: *Driver weighs 200lbs*
          Last edited by JMil86; 01-15-2010, 04:50 PM.

Nio är livets tal.

Comment

Does anyone have a reccomendation on how to install the seats in a sedan? In regards to the rod.

Comment

Sedans dont use the rod IIRC. Just make brackets or buy the ones i have.
              -Alex

Comment

Thats why I ask. In the sedan the belt bolts to the bracket. I guess I have to weld one on to the stock brackets.

Comment

I will look at a sedan next weekend and tell you what needs to be done.
                  -Alex

Comment

Thank you

Comment

need 2 more people so he will make brackets again
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                      Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

How do you avoid drilling into the fuel lines, when you drill new hole for seatbelt rail? Cheers

Comment

i think i'm ready for my vaders
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by yowie View Post
                            How do you avoid drilling into the fuel lines, when you drill new hole for seatbelt rail? Cheers
                            There is a spot in between two of them, you need to measure.
                            -Alex

Comment

Need 2 more people still to get brackets made.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                              Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

silly question; do these bracket also fit the convertible?
                                '90 325Ic, 5spd, bone stock...other than springs and xdrilled rotors.

Comment

Working...
                                X