No announcement yet.

How to: Vader-e36 seat install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, i take my question back. used the"search" option and apparently the brackets do fit the verts
    '90 325Ic, 5spd, bone stock...other than springs and xdrilled rotors.

Comment

I personally have never put them in a vert, but i had a customer who did and he didnt say he had to do anything extra. If they dont fit to your liking i will refund you.
      -Alex

Comment

Hi Everyone!
        The solution for the front seats are fine but has anybody tried to put the rear seats from an e36 to an e30? Actually I've swapped them, it fits fine and looks great, but i have no idea how should I anchor the part of the seats to the chasis. Anyone can help with some ideas?
        TY

Comment

if anyone needs a set I still have a nice pair of black non heated manual vaders for sale. $600 obo. pm me.
          Originally posted by blunt
          can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

I have a set of 01 viper seats, has anyone mounted those in an E30?

Comment

Does anyone know if power vaders have different rails, or frames than the manual ones. I made the brackets and they measure up pretty well (+/- mm) and the brackets do not seem to fit at all. I could get the fronts in, but now the rears. I could re drill the holes, but would like to make sure before I do so.

Comment

AFAIK they are the same because they swap between e36's.
                -Alex

Comment

Has anyone with a sedan bought your brackets and installed them with no problem. My brackets are not perfect, but only off by a few mm in some spots, but the seat doesnt seem to be close.

Comment

I know atleast one sedan owner who bought brackets and he didnt tell me of any problems. The sedan seats fit in coupes and vice versa so there shouldnt be an issue there. If you are interested in some and they dont fit/work out you can always send them back to me.
                    -Alex

Comment

nevermind.
                      Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbit View Post
                        Hi Everyone!
                        The solution for the front seats are fine but has anybody tried to put the rear seats from an e36 to an e30? Actually I've swapped them, it fits fine and looks great, but i have no idea how should I anchor the part of the seats to the chasis. Anyone can help with some ideas?
                        TY
                        Anyone?

Comment

My seats are jack. The PO took out the slide rail bc he was "large". I'm 135lb and 5'8". Talk about weight reduction. Ha ha. I'm looking for a set of seats. Located in S Ga. Thks for the great write up.

Comment

I've installed vaders in my buddy's sister vert and it was a bitch to do. I spend like 8 hrs lol..

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...46#post3229446

Comment

in case anyone is wondering, you can do this legally if you use 1 original factory bolt. I used the inside (next to console) bolt to start the install and made brackets for each other location. This will keep your seat from rotating in an accident, and according to a commercial vehicle inspector friend of mine, is the only way to legally put non-factory seats in your car that dont have factory adapters.

Doing it this way does make my seat VERY close to the center console, and totally rubs it when you move it forward (my seat is electric). When the seat is in a normal person position or for a tall person, its got about 5-10mm clearance.

**EDIT**
                              I just noticed his version 2 of the brackets, there is no way your seat could move with that design.
                              1999 540iA - Daily Driver

Comment

At the moment no. I have so many things going on I don't have time to finish the things I have started. willing to make these brackets for me. i'd be willing to pay. i ndont have access to a cnc machine or anyhting along the lines of what i would need to make them
                                atlanta web design,

Comment

Working...
                                X