Megasquirt Timing and Fuel Map Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i see alot of M20 ignition and fuel maps,

any m30 turbo ignition and fuel maps? turbo is a HX40 on a m30b35 on 840cc injectors?

if its in this thread sorry, i may have over looked it.

Comment

Having a lot of issues getting my car to fire w/ my mspnp2 after installing my turbo new MS. Any help on the following would be a big help

I got the MSPNP2 extra w/ the quad spark wired up. I loaded the base map file and burned it onto the MS. I'm having a few issues with getting the car to turn over and I'm hoping you can help me out!

1) While updating the MS with the new base map, I had the car keyed on for 10 minutes. The IGN 6 coil pack was getting very very warm during that time. Is this cause it was keyed on and not being cycled or is it possibly from mis wiring? Other than enabling the number of coils to "waster spark" on ignition options and wheel decoder menu, is there any other major mods I need to make here?

2) The fuel injectors I have are 60lb per hour injectors. When trying to start the car and it sounds like its about to kick, the first two injectors closest to the fire wall kept coming out slightly and spraying fuel on the block. Is this because I have the injectors turned up to much? Please double check the attached screenshot showing the info I changed on the base map to work with these injectors. injector specs below.
      Specifications
      Typical Flow Rate in LB per hour: 60 LBS/HR @ 45 PSITypical Flow Rate in CC per minute: 630 CC/min @ 45 PSIResistance: 10 ohms (High Impedance, High Resistance)Voltage: 8-15 Volts, nominal 13.5 VoltsAmperage: 1.0 AmpsPressure: Min 30 PSIG / Max 100 PSIGO-Rings Included: Yes, on the injectorsInjector Body Design: Metal and composite plasticFuel Delivery: Upgraded single fuel delivery nozzle for superior fuel atomizationElectrical connector type: EV1 (Minitimer, Jetronic)Overall Length: 2 7/8 inches, 74 mmO-ring to O-ring Length: 2 1/2 inches, 63 mmDiameter: 16 mmOrings: Top and bottom, 14.5 mm

3) I have a 80mm throttle bottle with my throttle body, where do I adjust for that on the tuner studio?

4) I'm not using a boost control solenoid. Just an external wastegate and a boost gauge for monitoring. Can I set the boost limits in the MSPNP2?

5) anything needed to program for meth injection? didn't think so cause the IAT sensor after it will detect issues if temps get too low.

Mods:
      Garrett Turbo .84 AR gen2 hybrid turbo
      CSX racing intercooler
      AEM Meth injection kit
      60lb bosch/semens injectors
      80mm throttle body and upgraded intake
      Mint perfomance exhaust, down pipe, exhaust manifold

Comment

Originally posted by e30hope View Post
        1) While updating the MS with the new base map, I had the car keyed on for 10 minutes. The IGN 6 coil pack was getting very very warm during that time. Is this cause it was keyed on and not being cycled or is it possibly from mis wiring? Other than enabling the number of coils to "waster spark" on ignition options and wheel decoder menu, is there any other major mods I need to make here?

2) The fuel injectors I have are 60lb per hour injectors. When trying to start the car and it sounds like its about to kick, the first two injectors closest to the fire wall kept coming out slightly and spraying fuel on the block. Is this because I have the injectors turned up to much? Please double check the attached screenshot showing the info I changed on the base map to work with these injectors.

3) I have a 80mm throttle bottle with my throttle body, where do I adjust for that on the tuner studio?

4) I'm not using a boost control solenoid. Just an external wastegate and a boost gauge for monitoring. Can I set the boost limits in the MSPNP2?

5) anything needed to program for meth injection? didn't think so cause the IAT sensor after it will detect issues if temps get too low.
        This should be its own thread, not in here. Hopefully a mod will move

1. I don't know enough about quad spark but you could have a wiring issue, or the coil is being grounded. You should check that spark output's going high/going low is set correctly for your setup and dwell settings.

2. you set them up properly, but likely installed wrong. check to be sure you didn't pinch the o-rings when installing them into the manifold.

3. You don't need to adjust anything

4. Yes. Look for boost control -> overboost protection and set it to your desired setting. You likely have a limit of 250kpa (~21psi) if you have a standard MAP sensor.

5. No, unless you want the meth kit to be triggered from a megasquirt output.

'84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
        NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
        Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

The above ignition map should not be used... The load axis only goes to atmospheric pressure and the timing values are way to high...this is a NA ignition map you will break stuff ... Was also sorry to see this page dead for so long :-(

Comment

None of the ignition maps in this thread should be used if you don't understand all of the parameters with which it was made and the relationship they have to your own. That's why I don't typically share ignition maps unless I know the person I've shared it with understands that they are using it entirely at their own risk.

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 3-17

Comment

Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Engine Specs: M20B25 stock rebuild in 2012
                Turbo Manifold: ebay headers
                Turbo: nope
                Compressor Wheel: none
                Turbine Wheel: nah
                Boost Level: naw
                Injectors: 19lb orange
                Ignition Map:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	93octaneignitonmap.png
Views:	509
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	10065420
                Comments; I know a little more about what i'm doing now so i though id update my current ignition map. Been daily driving this car on megasquirt since 2016 and been using this map for about 4 years with no issues. I did check my timing with a timing light and even checked my timing mark with a coat hanger down the spark plug hole. I run exxon 93 octane and i try to always get gas from the same place unless im traveling. I'm always worried the gas is different from brand to brand. Recently drove from NJ to Maine to New Hampshire and up Mt. Washington. Car drove like a beauty.

Comment

Can anyone share a timing map for a higher compression stroker?
                  I'm currently running a 2.9 stroker 10.1cr with mahle motorsport pistons and a bimmer heads ported head. I use a virtual Dyno and tune on the street making runs which has worked in the past for me on a stock 2.5 and I guess it's going good with my new build but I'm just surprised how little timing I'm using and the power keeps increasing. It seems counter intuitive.
                  I know I need to get on a real Dyno to get it perfect. I'd just like something to compare mine too. I'm wondering how much my exhaust design plays a role in the timing as I'm running 1 7/8 duel back from ebay headers and I know it's undersized. I was trying to wait to get on the real Dyno until I redo the exhaust larger.

Comment

Working...
                  X