Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibly Leaving e30s for a bit after today (turbo gasket problems)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The trick with ARPs is following the directions. Seriously. Use plenty of the lube they give with the studs and follow the recommended procedure. Ive never seen someone pull a random torque spec and method out their azz that works better than the one developed in the laboratory.

At your power level the OEM gasket is most likely the best bet and is the most tolerant. MLS gaskets need a freshly decked surface thats very smooth to seal properly.

An engine is an engine. There really isn't a lot of difference from one engine to the other. BMWs are not mystical or magic compared to anything else.
    -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

ive ran 22psi with a stock b27 block, copper orings, and goetz gasket. Never had an issue until i broke a ringland.

Its all in the tune my friend. U might as well be on a stock DME if ur not gonna tune it.

Put an oem gasket back in it, get ur laptop to connect and wire ur wideband into ur ECU

Comment

Originally posted by Good & Tight View Post
        Stock headgasket, ARP's, with O-ringing the block will hold 40psi, yes 40psi. You ask how? It's all in the tuning, a shitty tune will blow at 10psi. Got it?
        TUNE TUNE TUNE tune tune...!!!!!!!
        Jesus christ himself is in the bottom end of my B34 with ARP's and a Cometic, 27psi no blown headgasket. How you ask...? THE GODDAMN TUNE BOY..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now go put your stock headgasket with Orings and ARP's on and ..... don't make me repeat myself again.
        there ya go

Comment

yup

Comment

Working...
          X