m20 intake manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m20 intake manifold

just wondering is anyone using this thing right here?

always wanted one when i had an m20. wondering how it acts.

6 cylinders, 6 different intake runner lengths. Doubt there are velocity stacks in it or even any radius blending of the runners to the plenum. Probably performs worse than stock.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 3-17

Comment

Pretty sure dvallis has something similar to that On das beast. We will have to ask him what he and his tuner thought when he sets it straight.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nc1Ptjs.jpg
Views:	3303
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	9861188

Definitely a different manifold than the ebay one. This looks like it was fabricated from the stock intake and the runners are equal length.

The ebay ones are jank. Different length runners are giving different helmholtz resonance frequencies, which is going to change your fueling/timing requirements from cylinder to cylinder.
        The only reason they're this way is because they take the plenum that they make for other inline 6 cars and an M20 flange and "make it fit" in the engine bay (around the brake booster)
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I pmed him to find out.

Comment

I had asked him the question once before but cannot find the response.
            I could have very well read it incorrectly though. I'm good for that lol

Comment

Those two intakes are nothing alike. dvillis's will easily out-perform the Chinese one, even if his doesn't have stacks or bell-mouth's in the plenum. Pulses/reversion doesn't work the same in boosted applications as it does in N/A form - but distribution vs runner volume does matter.
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I'm not arguing that point at all. I understand the difference of the runner length and the effects. I'm only saying I could have sworn he found a vendor through ebay and if I'm mistaken then I will be the first to admit it.

Comment

ok, so YES it was from ebay but a one-of-a-kind. I could have sworn that I asked him that question in a thread but couldn't find it. at least I wasn't 100% out in left field. just wanted to let everyone know.

Comment

I was considering buying that manifold, until i did some research and found out that the stock manifold can handle close to 1000 hp, and decided to stick with the stock manifold

Comment

Working...
                    X