New CX Racing M20 Manifold Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New CX Racing M20 Manifold Design

Hey all, I did a quick search before making this and didn't see anything, but forgive me if this has already been brought up. Have we noticed that CX Racing made a new and pretty wild turbo manifold for E30s? It's a high bottom mount (?) with a 6-1 merge collector that then mounts the turbo downwards. Thoughts anyone? I'm not looking to buy this or any manifold right now personally, but just wanted to see what people thought of the design. I have one of their older manifolds and the quality was... ~meh~. Dremel definitely required for fitment but did end up making it work. But aside from cooking the bejesus out of your plug wires, which could be possibly dealt with, this seems like a pretty good design to me.

Click image for larger version  Name:	MF-DP-CB-BMW-E30-N-KIT-car-5.png Views:	0 Size:	130.7 KB ID:	9890964

Click image for larger version  Name:	MF-DP-CB-BMW-E30-N-KIT-car-10.png Views:	0 Size:	130.7 KB ID:	9890965

Downpipe design:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	MF-DP-CB-BMW-E30-N-KIT-car-23.png Views:	0 Size:	125.6 KB ID:	9890959
    1990 325i Touring - The Bonsai Bimmer - Patiently Waiting
    1984 316 Coupe - The Base Model - Pain in the Ass
    1988 750iL - The Daily Driver
    ...And a couple others...

And I thought spark plug access was iffy with a RSI header... At least the nuts will be easier to get to though

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 3-17

Comment

no thank you.

Last edited by LowR3V'in; 12-14-2019, 08:23 PM.

Comment

it's cool they're still trying to make parts for old cars but take of look at this last hunk of shit
        they made. looks like a chinese 9th grader drew it up. totally a joke of a manifold.

The first one they made was cool because it was a direct copy of a legit one, and also their manifold adapters are cool, because, copy.

The new one they're trying to copy other brands that use that style but
        look at the pos cast "merge" collector. they come in at a 45, nice.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
          it's cool they're still trying to make parts for old cars but take of look at this last hunk of shit
          they made. looks like a chinese 9th grader drew it up. totally a joke of a manifold.

The first one they made was cool because it was a direct copy of a legit one, and also their manifold adapters are cool, because, copy.

The new one they're trying to copy other brands that use that style but
          look at the pos cast "merge" collector. they come in at a 45, nice.

I like how ruthlessly you shit on them lol

im assuming the purpose of that manifold is top end power? it looks kinda cool imo but id imagine decently laggy just because how much volume it has. must weigh a good bit too.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post

That's the one I have that took much mucking around to make it work. I agree their quality is suspect at best.
            1990 325i Touring - The Bonsai Bimmer - Patiently Waiting
            1984 316 Coupe - The Base Model - Pain in the Ass
            1988 750iL - The Daily Driver
            ...And a couple others...

Comment

A guy just did 300+HP with this kit on 10lbs he says.

1990 325i Cashmere Beige

"I don't like question marks. They're like exclamation points, but think they're fancy because they're curved. I won't tolerate it." -MNChiefsan

Comment

I still think the original one was the best one. Sure it didn't have any provision for a wastegate, but there was room to add one, and the oil filter housing could always rotate if you're not running AC.

Originally posted by priapism
                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                Originally posted by shameson
                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
                X