Catch can setup for M20 - Valve cover vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catch can setup for M20 - Valve cover vent

I can't find many threads that show catch can setups being run on an m20 (many are swapped cars).

Please share your setup and how you vent your valve cover on your M20.

I've got a turbo car, so I can't keep the stock setup. In the past I've run atmospheric vent, which is smelly and messy. Last setup was a catch can made of PVC pipe and caps, with some steel wool or something stuck in it, still atmospheric vent. Not sure how much it helped clean things up (probably didn't do much to get rid of the smell), but it did catch a little bit of oil, but not as much as expected.
    I've been redoing almost everything non-internal on the engine lately, and the next setup will be a cheap catch can from Amazon routed to the turbo compressor inlet, after the air filter. I won't pressurize the crankcase, and hopefully I can pull a slight vacuum to help move things along. Stuffed some copper scouring pads in it because it didn't have much baffling (though it was made nicely enough). Not sure how well it will work, but should get rid of the smelliness and dirtiness of atmospheric venting.
    3/4" hose fits nicely on the valve cover nipple.

Comment

3/4” heater hose to a the underside of the car. A “road draft tube.” But then again, my engine doesn’t have much blowby.
      @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20B25, T3/T04E 60 trim (15psi), megasquirt, coilovers, Z3 rack, cold AC
      [b u i l d]
      [Car of the month: April 2018]

0c8b7c9527af628a346878feb14bf757

Comment

Working...
      X