M20 oil pump

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TobyB
    replied
    Oh, hell, buy some used ASSCAR stuff off ePay, an ARE dry sump pan, and off you go!

    ...but then you'll need something to protect the subframe, which isn't all THAT much more durable than the oil pan.

    t
    runs a stupid- heavy skid plate. Over curbs, through gravel...

    Leave a comment:


  • digger
    replied
    Originally posted by Durt.E.30
    Okay so first of all I'm new asf to the e30 world so pls don't bash me too hard. I was wondering if there is a smaller or different oil pump and oil pan available for the M20 so I can lower the car without fucking the engine. I know they make armor for it but I don't want to go that route yet. Any tips are welcome thx
    You can get a custom dry sump system for about 5-10k which should use a lower profile pan

    Leave a comment:


  • 82eye
    replied
    Originally posted by jbontke

    Tell me how old you are without telling me how old you are!

    I agree and I don't understand running H&R race springs and bouncing down the road when sport springs are a better ride.
    i run the sports and still bought a skid plate. it's not on yet but i don't want to take too many chances with parts impossible to find where i live.

    Leave a comment:


  • jbontke
    replied
    Originally posted by varg
    Just put the skid plate under the pan. I don't understand being willing to slam the car which will go through tires and put an aftermarket pan and oil pump on it which would be $$$ but not being willing to install a skid plate. E30 M20 pans are hard enough to find now after years of stance car oil pan attrition.

    Or just drive it at a reasonable ride height
    Tell me how old you are without telling me how old you are!

    I agree and I don't understand running H&R race springs and bouncing down the road when sport springs are a better ride.

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    Originally posted by varg
    Just put the skid plate under the pan. I don't understand being willing to slam the car which will go through tires and put an aftermarket pan and oil pump on it which would be $$$ but not being willing to install a skid plate. E30 M20 pans are hard enough to find now after years of stance car oil pan attrition.

    Or just drive it at a reasonable ride height
    Amen.

    Leave a comment:


  • McGyver
    replied
    I'm not aware of the shallower oil pan and shorter oil pump. Why would you rather tear apart the oil pan vs bolt on a skid plate?

    Just put on a skid plate and drive carefully. A skid plate protects from small hits, but won't do much if you hit something really hard.

    Leave a comment:


  • varg
    replied
    Just put the skid plate under the pan. I don't understand being willing to slam the car which will go through tires and put an aftermarket pan and oil pump on it which would be $$$ but not being willing to install a skid plate. E30 M20 pans are hard enough to find now after years of stance car oil pan attrition.

    Or just drive it at a reasonable ride height

    Leave a comment:


  • HertE30
    replied
    There is not. Condor engine riser kit could be an alternative to skid plates

    Leave a comment:


  • Durt.E.30
    started a topic M20 oil pump

    M20 oil pump

    Okay so first of all I'm new asf to the e30 world so pls don't bash me too hard. I was wondering if there is a smaller or different oil pump and oil pan available for the M20 so I can lower the car without fucking the engine. I know they make armor for it but I don't want to go that route yet. Any tips are welcome thx
Working...