ForcedFirebird's m20 dyno thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by digger View Post

anymore details? to be fair 310bhp on a European dyno is like 200whp everywhere else (excluding dynocom or land and sea/dynomite)
    If there were at least some kind of consistency, BHP calcs could work, but a t56 robs a lot more power then a g260 - calculating backward never works. At least this thread is primarily Dynojet, which I have personally found extremely consistent. The race organizations here often will bring a Dynojet out to the track to catch any cheaters in the HP/WT classes - they are usually within 1-2% of the Dyno we have here by the shop.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

That was just a random video I saw in a car sales ad. Not mine absolutely. But from my point of view as E30 owner it looked performing very well.

When the tire pressures, roller friction and tie straps are done ok the measurement of driveline losses work ok. But to be honest there are horrible anecdotal examples where the losses are all over the place.

My ex Bosch FLA 203 dyno was reading 211whp / 249bhp for a M20B29 @7000rpm.

Comment

Originally posted by hasa View Post

My ex Bosch FLA 203 dyno was reading 211whp / 249bhp for a M20B29 @7000rpm.
        That sounds about spot on with a dynojet. I have been seeing in the 210-220 pretty consistent with stroker builds.

john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
        X