This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 10-66kruk View Post
    okay so i found the mentioned plug on my old harness and plugged it into the connector right inside the car by the dme. i connect a wire to the green plug and jumped it to the missing voltage on the main relay. my dme at pin 37 now has power.... though the car will not start because the black and white wires are not hooked up.
    I'm running out of time with this.
    Im willing to pay some one 150-200$ if the seriously know what they are doing and can get this thing running.
    please someone has to know e30 wiring in oc area....
    The left over wires that connect through the c104 are to run the tach and monitor your mileage. Black is tach, yellow/white is for the MPG. I don't think you should need those to run your car.

Green is the fuel delivery. Page 21 on this ETM shows how the green wire on the c104 is basically a bridge between the main relay/fuel pump and the ignition.

Is the starter hooked up correctly? I'm busy this weekend, but if you're still at it next Saturday I could make a trip down.

Comment

okay i will take a look through this and see what i can find out tomorrow. If nothing happens until then that would be absolutely amazing!
      I'm pretty positive it as. as long as a early starter hooks up the same as a late model then ya.
      sigpic-Thanks warren

Comment

okay so i need a possible answer.
        i did my harness wiring right to the c101 but now after everything having power nothing has power?
        i don't get it? don't know what or where to check....I'm getting really confused and frustrated...
        sigpic-Thanks warren

Comment

Does an M52 crank fit into a M20 block with no modifications to the block while an S52 has to have a modified block to make clearance for the rods???

Am I thinking about this right?

--->>>1988 SETA 2.7i Build Thread (Turbo Prep)<<<---

Comment

bump, should be a sticky.

Comment

Getting ready to do this...is it as simple as swapping on the parts and cranking right up or will there need to be some trouble shooting and a stand alone tune?

Comment

If done correctly it's a start up and drive ordeal

Comment

Originally posted by Overlord475 View Post
                  Does an M52 crank fit into a M20 block with no modifications to the block while an S52 has to have a modified block to make clearance for the rods???

Am I thinking about this right?
                  some M52 cranks do but not all...........S52 requires machined intermediate shaft my block did not need clearnacing
                  89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by kenika65 View Post

Note 3: A 30amp fuse will be needed in the fuse box for the fuel pump.

Please ask questions and leave comments! If you need to e-mail me, my address is kenika65@msn.com
                    This would be fuse #11-7.5A if im not mistaken right? Why does this need to be switched out for a 30 amp fuse?
                    Originally posted by TimKninja
                    Racelands are cheap shit.
                    Originally posted by whodwho
                    So are r3v members
                    Originally posted by Cabriolet
                    dude, this is R3v. there's like 40 project threads, and like 20 FS threads and 100 members ride threads of stupid shit. guaranteed laughs on every page. cut springs, rolled cars at 20mph, fishtank heater core, selling broken stuff, painting cars with paint brush, cheap wings, hella-flush and then there is Vlad, king of the eta M3

Comment

Need an early square to late round c101 adapter? Pm me!

Comment

Good writeup. My '87 325e fired right up following the instructions. I used a recently rebuilt EU 323i head, and the rest of the parts from a '88 325i and '90 325i. The motor pulls cleanly, idles perfect and gets all fun on the 1st to 2nd shift. Car is a dedicated AutoX/RallyX car and this feels like some much quicker times. No more falling flat and shifting at the wrong places on course.

Update: Dyno day today. Nice numbers. Well worth the swap. 139.04 hp/149.26 torque
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Gary Horneck; 06-09-2012, 11:42 AM.
                        sigpic

2011 335i/1995 Mercedes C220 (rallyx)

Comment

I'm trying to understand exactly what is necessary do do this from a SuperEta swap. There is a bit of back and forth here.
                          From my understanding I need a fully dressed i head (or at least the cam and valve springs), intake manifold, afm, and 173 ecu?
                          This is going in an E28 mind you.
                          BattleWagon|1996 GT Vertigo

Comment

Made this thread a sticky because I get PM after PM every week about a collection of parts needed. This thread has the best collected info to help anyone new/old to get the perfect understanding of what is involved.
                            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                            ~ '87 535
                            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Can any late model ECU me used or does it have to be a 173?

EDIT: Found. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...&postcount=276

Comment

Please help,I have all the parts for this up grade to my 86 es , it this car is my daily driver and I have read this entire thread 3 times and my question is: when fallowing the diagram in the first post, will my car start up and drive? And what other wire differences do I need to know about?

Comment

Working...
                                X