oil and air seperator for track days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil and air seperator for track days

Playing around with the idea of adding one. The PCV system might be good enough but I am planning to run a 1/2 quart over on track days. thoughts?

You'll be okay without it providing you simplify the PCV tract and bypass those multiport splitters under the TB. Our former endurance racer 318is had multiple hundreds of hours on track with a stock type system and stock fill level.

Comment

Unless you have bad rings and a ton of blow-by, you shouldn't have issues with PCV oil vapor contamination in the intake. Besides, we have port injection, so the intake valves stay nice and clean lol (reason # 1000 why I hate direct injection).

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Thank you guys.

Comment

Mann Hummel ProVent 100.

All engines have blow by, you don’t want oil vapors in the intake, you want a vacuum on the crankcase.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

"Mann Hummel ProVent 100". ordering one today.

Thanks Zak

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
              You'll be okay without it providing you simplify the PCV tract and bypass those multiport splitters under the TB. Our former endurance racer 318is had multiple hundreds of hours on track with a stock type system and stock fill level.
              Same. We had up to 3 m20 powered enduro cars at one time. Always ran stock systems, over-filled the crank case by a full quart, remove the oil level sensor/baffle, and use a crank scraper.
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Any pictures of how your is done under the intake Rougetoaster?

Comment

Originally posted by OSAH racing View Post

Any pictures of how your is done under the intake Rougetoaster?
                  Well, when you find the mess under the intake thread you'll find my diagram from fifteen years ago. Basically, you are eliminating the oddly shaped vacuum splitters under the throttle.

Comment

Well, when you find the mess under the intake thread you'll find my diagram from fifteen years ago. Basically, you are eliminating the oddly shaped vacuum splitters under the throttle.
                    Found it. thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X