https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

I love it!

Put me on the list!

Whats the next step?
      thirdlobe 318is build thread

BMWant.com

Comment

It's possible to change springs in that wastegate, right?
        The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
        Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
        2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

I would just go for a log manifold with this low of a power goal. Will make things more tidy, and will have faster response.

The way the runners merge is not so good. I think this manifold will actually be about the same as a log performance wise. At least make a log one too and test them back to back. Might save a huge hassle and lots of space! If you keep this design, ditch the T connections! At least merge the pipes with an angle!
          -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by thirdlobe View Post
            I love it!

Put me on the list!

Whats the next step?
            Send me a PM, each kit is made to order. Price is $1700 for the base kit. You can add on wideband, boost gauge, COP setup, etc

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
            It's possible to change springs in that wastegate, right?
            You can't really change springs in an internal waste gate. You can run a manual boost controller tho if you want to turn it up a little bit.

Originally posted by wazzu70 View Post
            I would just go for a log manifold with this low of a power goal. Will make things more tidy, and will have faster response.

The way the runners merge is not so good. I think this manifold will actually be about the same as a log performance wise. At least make a log one too and test them back to back. Might save a huge hassle and lots of space! If you keep this design, ditch the T connections! At least merge the pipes with an angle!
            This is just about the same design as the manifold we are running on a turbo m42 e21 with excellent results. The reason for the T connect is ease to make the manifold quickly.

This is the manifold we are running on the e21.

Yes a 4-1 merge would be much better but to keep things tight and have room for AC there wasn't any room for a 4-1. The collector was exiting directly on the frame rail. I might be able to make a 4-1 collector using bends rather than straight pipe to save room.

I can offer a log manifold as well but I feel the 4-2-1 even with the Ts is superior.

The e21 with the manifold shown above spools VERY fast and holds 8-9psi solid all the way to the rev limiter.

The manifold is just about all welded up.

www.classicdaily.net
            1970 m42 swapped 2002
            1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily

Comment

Did you post the full details on the setup anywhere? I would like to see what comes included...i.e which turbo, what size injectors, etc.

It's looking great!!

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb View Post
                You can't really change springs in an internal waste gate. You can run a manual boost controller tho if you want to turn it up a little bit.
                I thought the e21 was running at 14psi? Or was that a different turbo with an external wastegate?
                The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

The e21 had the same turbo and it was getting up to 14psi but it wasn't supposed to be. My buddy with the e21 had his wastegate boost signal from an odd spot. We also ported the wastegate in the turbo housing to help control it. The turbos in my kit will be ported in the same way.

jaywood: I'll repost a complete list soon. But to make it short, the kit comes complete with everything.
                  www.classicdaily.net
                  1970 m42 swapped 2002
                  1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily

Comment

Originally posted by wazzu70 View Post

I would agree on ditching the tee connections and having more angled connections.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb View Post
                      jaywood: I'll repost a complete list soon. But to make it short, the kit comes complete with everything.
                      Sounds good, thanks man!

Comment

Very interested looking forward to seeing more from this!

Comment

I'm keeping an eye on this. I think my rallycar deserves a turbo.
                          sigpic

1989 Alpine 325is 2dr m50 swapped
                          Build Thread:
                          Current ongoing build. Check it out!
                          1991 318is 4dr rallycross
                          Rallycross Build Thread.
                          1991 Alpine 318is coupe - sold

Comment

Keeping an eye on this. Will definitely place an order once it's built and running on a M42 E30 with the different manifold setup, I'd like to see how it differs from the E21. I was planning on fixing the small exhaust leak and complete my R134 conversion on my E30, but once I order this kit I'll be able to get to the leak and get a thinner fan for the AC to fit the intercooler ;)

Nice work .
                            Originally posted by TSI
                            ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
                            OEM+

Comment

ttt... I should have paid more attention when learning how to weld in shop class
                              WTB: Diamond Schwartz Hood

Comment

Whats your ETA on when you'll start mass producing this?

Comment

Working...
                                X