Interest in Bolt on Turbo kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jakeb View Post
    Dyno is getting close. Sent the load cell out to be rewired. HOPING to have it back late this coming week along with the eddy brake controller.

The test bed car for the MAF will be running in the next week or two.

Are you planning on doing just one tune for the MAF setup? Or will there be a lower-boost and higher-boost option?
    '91 318is turbo

Comment

Dying to see the numbers and the MAF come to life! And can't wait for winter to be over so I can get back into the m42T. Keep up the solid work Jake

Comment

Hey guys, Jake's kit is freaking awesome! Unfortunately I have to sell mine before even installing it. Here is a link to my FS thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=349634
        My Seller/Buyer Feedback

Performance Aftermarket Parts & Accessories

Comment

I laid out an entire kit that shipped this past week. Everyone likes pictures so here it is all laid out.

Here is the current pricing on the kit and other options. The add on prices are only these prices when ordered with the kit.

Base Kit - $1900
          powder coated Aluminum charge pipes - $100
          Powder coated steel charge pipes - $60 (base kit comes with uncoated steel pipes)
          Ceramic coat on all hot side parts - $140 (turbine, downpipe, manifold)
          Innovate Wideband oxygen sensor gauge - $190
          Boost gauge - $50
          Coil on Plug Kit - $150
          shipping in the US - $70

Here is a list of what comes with the kit.
          turbo
          manifold (able to keep AC)
          intercooler with mounts
          charge piping with couplers/clamps
          42lb injectors
          by pass valve
          downpipe
          tune

Best way to get information is to email me at jake@classicdaily.net

Any progress on the dyno and/or MAF setup?
          '91 318is turbo

Comment

Have everything for the dyno to be going...just need time.

The car that is getting the MAF should be running early next week. I was waiting on getting some parts back from ceramic coat..
            www.classicdaily.net
            1970 m42 swapped 2002
            1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
            https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

Anyone got details on how the IC fittment went on this kit? I have an M30 and using what looks like the same IC. Wonder how you went about mounting it did you cut the valence a bit to bring it as far forward as possible?

Tks

Comment

Have everything for the dyno to be going...just need time.

The car that is getting the MAF should be running early next week. I was waiting on getting some parts back from ceramic coat..

Awesome!! Keep us updated! Would love to see some numbers of the AFM vs MAF when you get them going on the dyno!
                '91 318is turbo

Comment

Scroll back a few pages and look for my post. You do need to cut it but it holds up well.

Originally posted by scoobydo View Post
                  Anyone got details on how the IC fittment went on this kit? I have an M30 and using what looks like the same IC. Wonder how you went about mounting it did you cut the valence a bit to bring it as far forward as possible?

Tks

Comment

got it in cheers

Comment

Interest in Bolt on Turbo kit?

Installation progress has begun! All new gaskets and hoses. ARP studs in. The turbo sits nicely on the manifold!

Last edited by dpmcdonald; 05-11-2015, 11:17 AM.
                      '91 318is turbo

Comment

Looking good! Did you remove the head or just bolt in new bolts? If just new bolts what procedure did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by brads2002 View Post
                          Looking good! Did you remove the head or just bolt in new bolts? If just new bolts what procedure did you use?

Thanks! The head was removed for the studs and new gasket.

'91 318is turbo

Comment

Strong work! Do you have a build thread for this or more pics? Very interested in how it turns out for you. I'm considering getting this kit as well. Are you using an oem head gasket or something thicker? Also, where did you get your skid plate? Thanks and good luck!
                            '91 318is

Comment

Originally posted by stanz View Post
                              Strong work! Do you have a build thread for this or more pics? Very interested in how it turns out for you. I'm considering getting this kit as well. Are you using an oem head gasket or something thicker? Also, where did you get your skid plate? Thanks and good luck!

Thanks, but I can't take credit for the work. That would be my friend Jimmy at The Snake Shoppe in Portland. He's a pro's pro.

OEM head gasket since that is what Jake tuned the kit with and I will be using his tune for at least the near future.

Skid plate is from ejnight on these forums. Highly recommended.

Here are a couple more pics almost completely buttoned up!

'91 318is turbo

Comment

What's airflow like with the cooler there? Good? I was thinking of a shorter (height wise) one mounted low down, where those two long vents are in the valence
                                sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Working...
                                X