Dual mass to single mass conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual mass to single mass conversion

I know this has been posted a couple times but not with my same issues.

I used clutch masters fx400 single mass kit with their late model lightweight flywheel.

my issue is that it will not go into gear while the car is running. i can row through the gears no problem if its not running. I was told to swap to the 323 tob but that also did not fix my issue.
    has pivot pin and tob. Trans is a g260 mated to a b27 block

Does anyone have any input or solutions?

From most to least likely. Are you sure you're getting full travel out of the slave cylinder rod? It's possible that it isn't disengaging fully because of inadequate travel. Rebleed and flush. Do you have a clutch pedal stop? It's possible that you're getting too much travel and the sprung hub is hitting the pressure plate fingers. Added to the list of possibilities is the one that you accidentally put the disc in backwards and it's hitting the flywheel. Furthermore it's possible that the disc is warped and dragging. It's really a shame that G260s don't have an inspection window because it's a lot easier to narrow it down when you can see how stuff is moving. I once drilled a hole in my G240 bellhousing to diagnose a sticky clutch disc

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 3-17

Comment

One idea, that i am not if it is possible, but could you try putting a slightly longer pin in the clutch slave? just get a bolt thats about the right size but slightly longer and make it fit if only for testing purposes. just depends if the fork can physically move any further.

I did this on an old subaru i had to bring the bite point up a bit. my temporary solution lasted a few yrs and i sold the car with it like that....admittedly the clutch did work fine before i did it, this was just a tweek to make life easier.

This is assuming that it is an issue on moving the throw out bearing far enough, and not one of the above more....difficult....issues.

Comment

Whenever I have a gearbox down, I replace the pivot pin, release fork, TOB and pilot. Cheap insurance.

Are you fully bled? Are the slave and master new? Shine a flashlight in the reservoir while pumping the clutch pedal and see if any bubbles are coming from the master hose.

You can test the mechanical side of things easily. Pull the slave out, stick a 6" 3/8 extension against the release fork and use a piece of wood to pry the extension in - once in, see if the drive shaft will rotate with car in gear. If not, then you have to open the gearbox back up and see what's wrong inside. If it does release, then you have a hydraulic issue.

What was the condition of the flywheel? If it was refinished, was the step still present near the edge? How large was the step?
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
        X