No announcement yet.

Possible to bolt up a ZF320 to an M20?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panici how'd this go? What parts did you end up using to fit the zf into your e30?

Comment

Originally posted by hopeful View Post
      Panici how'd this go? What parts did you end up using to fit the zf into your e30?
      Ended up running the G260 + M20 with an oem clutch setup and slightly lighter flywheel.

Since then swapped to an M52B28 + G260 and same clutch but using a RHD 7.5lb flywheel.

And then the current iteration is the M52B28 + ZF320, Spec Stage 3+ clutch, and the same RHD 7.5lb flywheel.

-------
      So I didn't end up trying the ZF320 with the M20 as I was originally thinking about in this thread.
      Last edited by Panici; 01-03-2023, 06:47 AM.

Comment

What driveshaft did you use? Have a build thread/ details on your car? Also, how do you find the RHD flywheel??

Comment

RHD = RaceHeaD out of Australia...
          ENGINE PARTSFLY WHEELSLINKAGE ACCESSORIESTHROTTLE BODY KITSTRUMPETS SPACERSMANIFOLDS PLENUMS Race Head Development We offer porting and head flow development, flow testing & much more. See Everything We Do PRECISION PERFORMANCE COMPONENTS Our range of individual throttle bodies, race components and performance products are all designed, tested and assembled in house right from the first prototypes to finished products. Development and refinement Continue Reading

Sometimes being punny backfires.

t
          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by hopeful View Post
            What driveshaft did you use? Have a build thread/ details on your car? Also, how do you find the RHD flywheel??
            Used a regular manual trans 325i E30 driveshaft with the G260 behind both engines.

Now am using an E36 328i driveshaft behind the M52 + ZF320.

Build thread is in my signature and also at http://e30.panici.ca

Comment

Working...
            X