No announcement yet.

MMP M62B44 Build Project "Jack-N-Coke"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I need to go on hiatus on the builds so we can get this done, I have gathered up lots of parts to play with and looks like you are getting closer to that time as well!!

Let me know when you are ready to play 8^)
    My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
    4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

whodwho I will get back with you as I get closer to the final. I have another 404 dme. So i plan on starting it before i bother you. I want to make sure my end is working and finished so we/I are not chasing our tails.

So Got good news today my water pump came in so I'll be swapping that out tomorrow. I'll also be installing the pusher elc. fan and Rad. If everything goes right I'll also be able to install the hood... lol small victories.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00309.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	7163721

Bad news is due to the crappy weather on the east coast my SC parts are late and stuck in Illinois. So no built MP112/122 SC this weekend...
      https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...re-irs.356333/

This Forum is built on love, and powered by Sexual Tension!

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyMadness View Post
        whodwho I will get back with you as I get closer to the final. I have another 404 dme. So i plan on starting it before i bother you. I want to make sure my end is working and finished so we/I are not chasing our tails.
        Sounds like a great plan, I do enough chasing my own tail as it is! 8^)

Looking forward to this beast roaring to life!!
        My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
        4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

One thing i know I will hate by owning a M60 E30 is changing the water pump if it ever goes out. Fuck those pipes
          Because V8
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=282219

Doing it wrong since 91:wgaf:

Comment

Ok stumped and looking for advice.

(1.) First fuck the expansion tank!
            I don't want to run one. Do i even need it? None of my old hot rods had them, half the cars i've own never had them.
            I think there a government conspiracy to make you buy more antifreeze so they can turn around and tell you how bad you are to mother planet. Then tax the crap out of you for it in some way! Bitches!

(B.) Even with "franks guide to e30 superiority with a v8 swap" i still can't figure out how to hookup (wire in) the damn charcoal canister. Do i even need it? If so why do i even need it?
            Really? Are you sure i need it? Why?
            I have a theory that's it a government conspiracy in some way that leads to higher gas tax... umm

Ok now that i have vented (do i really need it?) I will post more pictures and update tonight.....

Really?

Fuck you..... :-(

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk
            Last edited by MonkeyMadness; 01-11-2014, 06:23 PM.

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyMadness View Post
              Ok stumped and looking for advice.

(1.) First fuck the expansion tank!
              I don't want to run one. Do i even need it? None of my old hot rods had them, half the cars i've own never had them.
              I think there a government conspiracy to make you buy more antifreeze so they can turn around and tell you how bad you are to mother planet. Then tax the crap out of you for it in some way! Bitches!

(B.) Even with "franks guide to e30 superiority with a v8 swap" i still can't figure out how to hookup (wire in) the damn charcoal canister. Do i even need it? If so why do i even need it?
              Really? Are you sure i need it? Why?
              I have a theory that's it a government conspiracy in some way that leads to higher gas tax... umm

Ok now that i have vented (do i really need it?) I will post more pictures and update tonight.....
              You NEED the expansion tank simply because of the way BMW cooling systems work. The expansion of gas and coolant needs somewhere to go. Unless you run a radiator with a pressure cap on it. Which I'm sure you would do if you choose to run without an expansion tank. Good luck bleeding the piss out of it.

Please keep us updated on the works of you and WHODWHO's MS3X. Can't wait for a plug and play management.

X2 on fuck the charcoal canister and it's wiring. I'm still stumped on that part.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
                You NEED the expansion tank simply because of the way BMW cooling systems work. The expansion of gas and coolant needs somewhere to go. Unless you run a radiator with a pressure cap on it. Which I'm sure you would do if you choose to run without an expansion tank. Good luck bleeding the piss out of it.

Please keep us updated on the works of you and WHODWHO's MS3X. Can't wait for a plug and play management.

X2 on fuck the charcoal canister and it's wiring. I'm still stumped on that part.
                You seem awfully curious about all the MS3x plug and play stuff.....what are you up to?:popcorn:

Comment

Originally posted by LoneWolf View Post
                  You seem awfully curious about all the MS3x plug and play stuff.....what are you up to?:popcorn:
                  1. I'd hate to invest in something that isn't a proven 100% working setup and I'm not sure of myself enough to build it on my own. Sooo, I'd like something that works so I can tear it down myself (what better way to learn megasquirt)

2. I'm trying really hard to make this rear mount turbo setup work. I can't run 10lbs on the factory ecu

3.If the rear mount setup fails, I'd like to run N/A alpha-N

Comment

Ok so the old pump is out and the new pump is in. Fan and rad are mounted and all is looking good. Hoses fitted and looking good so far so good.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1389504244848.jpg
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	7163730

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1389504270759.jpg
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	7163731

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1389504304030.jpg
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	7163732

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1389504318851.jpg
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	7163733

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1389504337782.jpg
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	7163734

Comment

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1389504399613.jpg
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	7163736

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1389504430741.jpg
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	7163737

Comment

I can't run 10lbs on the factory ecu
                        False.
                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:
                        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

1. I'd hate to invest in something that isn't a proven 100% working setup and I'm not sure of myself enough to build it on my own. Sooo, I'd like something that works so I can tear it down myself (what better way to learn megasquirt)

2. I'm trying really hard to make this rear mount turbo setup work. I can't run 10lbs on the factory ecu

True alpha n NA is silly; and = digital carbs.

MAP sensor + na = best.
                          OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

You don't need your charcoals canister, I got rid of mine when I did my M50 swap, haven't even look back since the M60 took it's place
                            Because V8
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=282219

Doing it wrong since 91:wgaf:

Comment

Unless you go to throttle per cylinder, you'll spend the rest of your life tuning acceleration enrichment.

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
                              True alpha n NA is silly; and = digital carbs.

MAP sensor + na = best.
                              I agree on Alpha-N.
                              With my GM background, I like MAF over MAP, but last I heard, MS doesn't do MAF very well.

Comment

Originally posted by driftingminor913 View Post
                                You don't need your charcoals canister, I got rid of mine when I did my M50 swap, haven't even look back since the M60 took it's place
                                Did you cap off the line or just leave it open?

Comment

Working...
                                X