My M60 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dirty30 View Post
    Looking good man, Its all downhill after the brakes are done!

Thanks. Can't wait to drop the engine in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic'89 325i
    M60 swap in progress

Comment

So does Garagistic allow for me to send in mg own manifolds for modification? If so is it any more cost effective?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
      sigpic

Velocity Motor Works

1972 2002
      1983 533is
      1987 325is (Roxanne)
      1988 M6
      1989 M3
      1989 325ix (Darth Maul)

Gone: 1974 2002, 1984 318i , 1985 318i, 1988 325ix Sedan, 1988 325ix Coupe, 1991 318is, 1991 318i, 1994 525iT, 1995 325is, 1996 M3 Coupe, 1997 328is, 2001 325i, 2001 Z3 2.5i, 2001 330i, 2001 525iT, 2006 F-250 SD and more...

Comment

Originally posted by alco View Post
        So does Garagistic allow for me to send in mg own manifolds for modification? If so is it any more cost effective?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes you can use your own. Not sure how much more cost effective it is though..
        Garagistic is your one-stop source to performance BMW parts. From Grip, street, show or drift, we got the parts your BMW needs. We carry BMW parts for your E30, E36, E46, E82, E92 and much more!

sigpic'89 325i
        M60 swap in progress

Comment

Finished the dash today

It's pretty obvious that there were cracks but it certainly looks better than before

sigpic'89 325i
          M60 swap in progress

Comment

Got the steering shaft finished

Dash almost in

I hate putting my flappy air vents and broken hvac panel back in but I just really want to get this done

sigpic'89 325i
            M60 swap in progress

Comment

So since I'm using the zf 5 speed I have to use the large guibo e30 eta driveshaft..but 24v swappers using the same zf trans from the e36 m3 have this same problem until revshift came up with this https://www.revshift.com/shop/24v-sw...dd8d021b6f68d7 so could I use this for mine and keep my late model driveshaft?
              sigpic'89 325i
              M60 swap in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Jack89i View Post
                So since I'm using the zf 5 speed I have to use the large guibo e30 eta driveshaft..but 24v swappers using the same zf trans from the e36 m3 have this same problem until revshift came up with this https://www.revshift.com/shop/24v-sw...dd8d021b6f68d7 so could I use this for mine and keep my late model driveshaft?
                Didn't even know they made those!

In theory I think that would work, I ended up using a complete E36 M3 drive-shaft.

Which steering shaft setup did you end up using? Flaming River?
                1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post
                  Didn't even know they made those!

In theory I think that would work, I ended up using a complete E36 M3 drive-shaft.

Which steering shaft setup did you end up using? Flaming River?
                  Yea I stumbled upon it when i was trying to figure out my driveshaft options. Im using the flaming river steering joints, really good product, i would recommend it.
                  I wonder what would be cheaper though..eta driveshaft+balancing+guibo or Just that revshift guibo..
                  sigpic'89 325i
                  M60 swap in progress

Comment

Yea I stumbled upon it when i was trying to figure out my driveshaft options. Im using the flaming river steering joints, really good product, i would recommend it.
                    I wonder what would be cheaper though..eta driveshaft+balancing+guibo or Just that revshift guibo..
                    might do a search on here and in M/S5 section on that item... lots of varying thoughts about it. I think mostly on how flexible it may or may not be. Interesting product though GL
                    My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Got the rear brakes bleed but the fronts are giving me a lot if trouble. I've gone through 4 big bottles of brake fluid. There are no bubble coming out of the bleeders, just fresh fluid but no pressure. I rigged this up to force fluid through

But there's still nothing. I think there's just air stuck in the MC so I'm going to pull everything out tomorrow and bench bleed I guess

sigpic'89 325i
                      M60 swap in progress

Comment

There's something in the DIY section about some dude using a home depot weed sprayer to pressurize hydraulic systems from the cap, though I bet you could do it your way too (pressurize from the hose... I imagine a lot more pressure than what that syringe makes lol)

Decided to not be a lazy fuck and found it for you

Comment

Got the rear brakes bleed but the fronts are giving me a lot if trouble. I've gone through 4 big bottles of brake fluid. There are no bubble coming out of the bleeders, just fresh fluid but no pressure. I rigged this up to force fluid through

But there's still nothing. I think there's just air stuck in the MC so I'm going to pull everything out tomorrow and bench bleed I guess

I just had the same problem bleeding my rears after the Z3M rear brake/ trailing arm swap. I had to run about 1 pint through it then SLOWLY move the pedal with my hand all the way in then all the way back out. I also used a pneumatic bleeder that I hook up to my air compressor. I could not get them bled with the conventional "pump pump pump hold" method. I stress push the pedal all the way in by hand and pull it all the way back out. I was doing this in between sucking the bleed screw until I got a firm pedal. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

My M60 swap

Thanks for the tips guys. I had a buddy come over with his pressure bleeder and we got all the air out, pedal is nice and solid. Thinking about rolling it down the driveway a few times to test everything out.

Thanks for the link Jalopi, Ive always wanted a pressure bleeder so i think ill give that a try.
                            Edit: took the car for a test drive around the neighborhood. Brakes and steering feel great. I was surprised at how easy it was to brake. No trouble locking up.
                            I got some very strange looks though..car with no engine or hood with a 2x4 laying over the engine bay with some reservoirs C clamped onto it
                            Last edited by Jack89i; 04-08-2014, 01:56 PM.
                            sigpic'89 325i
                            M60 swap in progress

Comment

Brake light switch done

sigpic'89 325i
                              M60 swap in progress

Comment

Good to hear the brakes work well, finally getting around to 'fixing' mine. What size masters are you rocking?

Comment

Working...
                                X